Is This muzzle loading??

i was just browsing when.....

i came upon this thread and couldn't resist to comment.now that i'm here,i feel too complacent to wanna reiterate against another man's philosophy of hunting how to.i'm sure if dan boone was here he'd pick that the dangbernedest straight shootinest and easiest to maintianancest gun this side of the missipp he could find.i also bet a nickel he'd check out one of them fancy shooting quick eyeballin scopes too.......them bears are fast,i'm tellin ya.
anyway,i think muzzleloadin is fun as all tarnation and hope you do too.....adieo :)

No doubt about it,

"Dan Boone (would) pick . . . the dangbernedest straight shootinist easiest to maintianancest gun . . . (with) one of them fancy shooting quick eyeballin scopes too".

But, I don't see how that should entitle him a special season in which to hunt?

All you in-line fellas need to start sneakin' your Glocks and AR-15's into all the Cowboy Actions matches that you can. Cause we all know that everyone has a Right to as much Range Time as he can get. There's no use lettin' all those Single Action Purists have that one whole weekend, all to themselves. Besides, Wyatt Earp woulda packed a tricked-out CQB autoloader with laser sights to the OK corral, if'n he'd a had one, Right?

i shoot inlines H&R huntsman but I hunt with 75 cal brown bess or if the weather is real nice i will use 75 cal matchlock musket the modern muzzle loading rifles are neet but lack any tradition or history wich is 80% of the sport What iam trying to say is inlines are not blackpowder muzzle loaders what they are is modern rifle shoot pyrodex &777 plastic sabots jacketed bullets That just happen to be muzzle loading its kinda cheaten and should not be allowed during black powder hunting season that should be restricted to pre 1865 orignals or reproductions the inlines should be used during the regular season as many of these rifles have the preformance of modern high power rifles and in states like mine where you can hunt deer with a shotgun or muzzleloader only these inlines are an atractive option

Y'know, I'm not a hunter. I'm a guy who likes to goto the range and shoot. I was out of this hobby for many, many years but I recall once, about a decade ago, at one of the PA Gamelands ranges seeing a guy with an inline rifle (not that I knew thats what it was called til now, mind you).

The feeling I left with that day was one of wonder, mostly "what's the point?" It just doesn't seem nearly as fun, in its way, as shooting an old-style muzzleloader. I can understand why both sides of people are up in arms over this, but most of all I agree with the oldschool muzzleloader types.. If you're gonna do it, do it the right way. A high-tech inline rifle doesn't seem any different than a centerfire rifle, except one comes in convienent brass carrying cases, and one you've got to put together yourself.

-shrug-

I guess there's no point to this post, other than to throw in support behind the tradiionalists. Then, you're also talking to a guy who still believes in carrying a 20# view camera on his back, and loading each sheet of film by hand. Sure, a digital camera may take (almost) the same picture, but in a smaller, lighter, vastly more convienent package.. But it ain't the same, not the same at all.

Back