Is there such thing as a Trust Your Life with it shotgun?

To depend on any fiream, you must know HOW...

to detail clean it andbe proficient in it use and operation.

Meaning SHOOT it at any and all trap shoots, skeet shoots and any shotgun bowling pin shoots, etc. Ask questions when other write-in complaining about "problems".

You will determine the efficiency and effectiveness of you and the firearm.

I bought my 870 way back when they were still around $250, even after thoroughly abusing it always goes bang when I pull the trigger. The only concern I have is that AD safety thing that remmie got sued for. I could never simulate that, but it sorta is always lurking in the back of my mind.

99% of all so called home defense guns are never fired and are usually found loaded in closets by widows.
with that in mind.....a single shot does the job. it gives whoever owns it a sense of security and works when needed.
just pray the perp doesnt find it before you get home.

drop safe

I read the link about the AD with a DROPPED 870.

-firstly, it is a heresay story on the internet, concerning a dropped/mishandled gun
-secondly, I feel 99% certain that most all pump shotguns are NOT drop safe

The Remington 700 trigger has a long paper trail and resulted in design changes. To the best of my knowledge, the 870 trigger has never been suspect.

Not dependent on the ammo used? Or not dependent on which STEEL based ammo used?

Did the gun have the same issue with brass?
Did you try it with brass base shells??

Didn't matter if it was steel or brass, cheap ammo or high quality. The shells still hung. Polished the chamber properly and the problem went away.

"Just go out on the back porch, and fire two blasts in the air"
Being completely sarcastic, but making a pont. Keeping with a KISS strategy, why are you even talking about pump guns. Yes, with a double barrel you only have two quick shots. But one, after the first guy catches a load of 00 Buck, who wants to be the scond. Secondly, another two, and two, two, two from there are pretty quick to reload. So if reliability is paramount, the "such thing" isn't some tacti-cool modern pump. It's the good old double barrel.

Last edited:
The Mossberg 500 I bought beat and used out of a pile of such riot guns, for $75, 25 years ago, finally jammed two years ago...
The ejector screw loosened and caused FTE’s.
Drop of lock tight and a screwdriver, and it’s back on duty.
It stands pandemic house defense duty right now, so I guess I trust my life with it.

Back