Is there such a pistol?

Throughout my career I have purchased, sold and traded many handguns. Never been down the competition road.
Now that I am retired, I have settled in to one handgun, Shadow Systems MR920 Elite.
Hmmm, interesting. Since retiring I seem to be settling into more handguns.

Never want to buy another pistol? No. But, I can say this. I have a Sig X-Five Competition 9mm, and when it comes to shooting, I rarely ever want to shoot a different pistol. I have CZ's, Tanfoglio, Hi-Powers, 1911's, 2011, Glock, and my all time favorite to shoot is the Sig X-Five. It's just that perfect for me - makes me look like I'm a really good shooter. I have had other shooters try it out and they can't believe how good they shoot with it.

If it didn't shoot so darn well, I'd make it a safe queen. It's my go-to range gun and I just can't put the thing down.

Yes and No

I don't really "need" anything else but may buy something else in the future. The last thing I will probably ever sell is one of the first handguns I ever bought. That would be a 6" 686. While I love semi auto's, it's hard to beat a 357 as an all around gun.

Never want to buy another pistol? No. But, I can say this. I have a Sig X-Five Competition 9mm, and when it comes to shooting, I rarely ever want to shoot a different pistol. I have CZ's, Tanfoglio, Hi-Powers, 1911's, 2011, Glock, and my all time favorite to shoot is the Sig X-Five. It's just that perfect for me - makes me look like I'm a really good shooter. I have had other shooters try it out and they can't believe how good they shoot with it.

If it didn't shoot so darn well, I'd make it a safe queen. It's my go-to range gun and I just can't put the thing down.
I have a couple American X-Fives. Classic and Legion. They shoot great

I picked up a cheap old Smith & Wesson 28 HP. Best trigger in the gun cabinet. It was my last handgun purchase and I have yet to find anything else that turns my crank since.

If I could find a 10mm double stack, hammer fired, DA/SA, decocker only, I would be the first in line to buy one, but such a firearm doesn't seem to exist.

I’m 60, just retired fully from LE, and I find I just don’t go shooting anymore for recreation. I sold a gun collection a few years ago, and I’m down to a hunting rifle, my daily carry, and a pistol my mom left me.

I’ve been to gun counters countless times since I purchased my P365XL at release, and I’ve even fondled a few other firearms I’ve watched videos on. So far, I haven’t come close to “pullin’ the trigger” and getting any of them. This SIG checks all of the boxes for me, and I don’t see that changing for the time being.

Back