Is there such a pistol?

Like other said with P365 and an X-Five P226 with stainless steel frame Allround DA/SA and I would add LCP...

you'd pretty much bet left with guns that are just wants for something different, but zero increase in capability.

Cabot LH 1911
NationalStandardSouthpaw5.jpg

Now to hit a small lotto so I can order one

I think if I could have put my hands on a Beretta Billennium some years back, I would have probably stopped buying handguns at that point. Of course, by then, I already had a good selection of pistols on hand so it wouldn't have been a "If I could only have one gun." type situation.

Out of the 80 to 90 guns I own or have owned, the HK P2000sk is the one that floats my boat the most. I guess that qualifies for me as THE ONE, although I've acquired many others since 2005 when I found my favorite.

Out of the 80 to 90 guns I own or have owned, the HK P2000sk is the one that floats my boat the most. I guess that qualifies for me as THE ONE, although I've acquired many others since 2005 when I found my favorite.
Interesting! This is the kind of answer I love to see, about an excellent gun at a reasonable price. Can you elaborate on what's so great about the P2000SK?

Isn't that the colt Delta Elite in 10mm? A gun as powerful as a magnum revolver and as easy shooting as a 1911:)

Interesting! This is the kind of answer I love to see, about an excellent gun at a reasonable price. Can you elaborate on what's so great about the P2000SK?
Primarily my love for the HK P2000sk stems from the way it fits me, it's utter reliability and the way it shoots. This is a compact pistol but It feels like a larger duty sized gun. Recoil is light and again feels like a larger gun. It shares magazines with the P2000 and USP compact series. Take down is as simple as it gets. I even like the sound the steel makes when it goes together.

The gun makes me smile. It"s just so competent. It has no flaws.

My normal carry gun is a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP. I found it at a swap meet for a reasonable price and like it very much. However, I also have a Colt 1911A1 .45 ACP that was the second 1911 I own, the first stupidly traded of for somthing I don't even remember. it was a very long time ago. That number two1911 isn't very pretty but I became friends with a gunsmith by the name of F. "Bob" Chow who was well known in the San Francisco Bay Area for building competition grade 1911s in direct competition with Frank Pachmeyr. I was having a bit of a problem with that 1911 so I took it to Bob to have him check it out. He told me to come back Saturday and when I did he told me the gun was fine and that he'd tuned it up a bit. I'll say he did, very nice trigger, gun tightened up noticeably and groups were much smaller. I still have that one and a couple more he built but that one he did for me back around 1960 is the one I'll always keep. It's been my carry piece until I got the Commander and if Bob was still around I'd have sent that one to him to work his magic on.
Paul B.

I agree the P2000 is nice.

One annoyance is there are zero options for sights. There is talk that the new VP9 OR model uses the same cut, but no confirmation with pictures.

Personally, I don't love the trigger either. I think gray guns reset is required.

I really like the P99 more for the trigger, but all three P2000/P30/P99 are fun to own.

I agree the P2000 is nice.

One annoyance is there are zero options for sights. There is talk that the new VP9 OR model uses the same cut, but no confirmation with pictures.

Personally, I don't love the trigger either. I think gray guns reset is required.

I really like the P99 more for the trigger, but all three P2000/P30/P99 are fun to own.

The VP9 OR sights will work on the P2000. I have done so with mine. There are also the Meprolight options and Trijicon HDs and Dawson has a set with a fiber optic front if you prefer that.

Throughout my career I have purchased, sold and traded many handguns. Never been down the competition road.
Now that I am retired, I have settled in to one handgun, Shadow Systems MR920 Elite.

Back