Is the Smith 340PD that special?

Not the autonomic nervous system. Just a correction.

I believe it is the sympathetic nervous system, which is a sub branch or part of the autonomic system. The bottom line, the reactions such as a flinch are not always conscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put 10 rounds of Buffalo Bore 357 Magnum Short Barrel 125 Grain Barnes TAC-XP Hollow Point Low Flash rounds through mine today....recoil was intense but manageable...this will be my carry round going forwards.

Felt way less intense than the Winchester 125g 357 that I was plinking with in the same session

For someone who is in their vehicle often (travel, work, etc.), I would suspect an ankle holster would be MUCH easier to draw from during an attempted car jacking, or other assualt than an IWB, OWB, or a pocket while seated and buckled in. An ankle holster makes sense to me as a carry system for a backup gun, but not for a primary CCW.

Not to divert but the sympathetic system is not involved in conditioned motor responses. The flinch is one of those. It's coming out of the motor systems. Sympathetic is involved in flight or fight but doesn't generate a motor response.

Back