Is the .22 LR a sufficient weapon to hunt Coyotes with under 50yd???

Actually it was more like half and half!

arthurrh, MTmilitiaman, Mannlicher, Jseime, and Samuel Hoggson seem to think that it would be ok! That's enough for me!

Trackman, Samuel specifically said that it will not kill them quickly. MT said it was not ideal. Not exactly unequivical support.

When I asked if they would...

Samuel specifically typed "yes" and MT said it should work and to let him know how it turned out. Doesn't sound like they had a huge problem with it Handy! Maybe you wouldn't try it! That's you! I now know your opinion. Thanks for your input. I feel that a, fifty yard and in, head shot would be a humane kill on a small coyote.

use that 16g ya got

use something bigger then a .22 although coyotes can be bothersome they are rather beauitful animals and deserve more then a slow death. :(

Directly from the CCI website...

VELOCITOR™ 22 LONG RIFLE

A speedy predator is loose and looking for varmints! Velocitor is the fastest 40 gr 22 Long Rifle on the market. It carries energy farther for plenty of long-range wallop. (part #0047)

FEATURES & BENEFITS:
40 grain gilded hollow point nose at 1435 ft/sec
22 percent greater energy at 100 yards than regular
high-speed hollow points
Special HP cavity design, derived from Speer® Gold Dot®
technology, retains virtually 100 percent bullet weight
Clean-burning propellants keep actions cleaner
Sure-fire CCI priming
Reusable plastic box with dispenser lid

USAGE:
Up to large varmints like coyotes

Yeah!

That was directed to you Handy! This is a forum! Voice your opinion! Nothing more! I already have heard your opinion! I'm not looking for an argument. If I was I wouldn't look for one here. Anybody can mouth over the internet! No one has to worry about having to back their mouth up online!

federal buck shot

and TM being a hunting novice myself (rabbits fear me all other animals don't really care :rolleyes: ) I listen to the advice of the people who have been hunting before the continents split. I suggest you listen the people on this board, some people can appear testy but such is life, there is no need to become defensive. in my HUMBLE opinion that means just as much as you paid for it i would not shoot at anything bigger then a cat with a .22 and that my friend is that. :D
Sarah

The manufacturer states that the bullet can be used on coyotes...

I know that a lot of the time you can't go by what's on the box! I was thinking about trying em out on some yotes! All I'm asking for is opinions! Someone suggested my 16 would work better! I appreciate the suggestion! What ammo would be sufficient through my 16???

Federal

Federal makes very good steel buck shot, i hear it works wonders on everything. that is what a buddy of mine uses in his O/U

manufacturers lie on a regular basis, i don't trust what i read on the box.

and no handy...

i dont have to worry about calling you a little punk! like i said, it's the internet. i'm sorry if i offended you but that's the way you came off to me! im just asking opinions, not trying to make enemies. i'm sorry i called you that and i'm probably wrong about you anyways. i respect your opinion. it just seems like you have something against me.

TM-
[Personal attack on Forum Member barely excused by Public Apology. No second chances on that.]

But. let's get straight on this, OK?
- Someone mentioned taking Coyote with a .22 LR.
- You, a self described hunting novice, would like to try it.
- You wish validation.

Is that the point?
Rich

be sure to check your state and local regulations

"There is a very distinct difference between a RIMFIRE 22 and small calibre centre-fire rifles, often called CENTRE-FIRE 22's. Rimfire 22's are not considered adequate firearms by the majority of coyote hunters anywhere in North America, and are not permitted under authority of the coyote shooting licence in this province."

http://www.gov.nf.ca/env/wildlife/publications/coyotefile.pdf

Back