Is Taurus dead? Looking at available guns over 6 months...

wild cat mccane

If you use any of the gun sale sites, Taurus revolvers are about dried up. The 85 is selling for record cheap and 66s are about all dried up with no 6" stainless around. M44s are about gone and have been for a long time.

For autos, the G2, 709, and TCP appear to be the only autos. The 24/7 and 809 are all but gone for a long time.

Rossi, a Taurus child company, has nearly no revolvers. I have waited for over 6 months to see a new 972 pop up. No dice.

Is this the lawsuit killing Taurus off or does someone know if Taurus is just sticking to the three autos and 85 revolver?

I've been looking at picking up a Rossi 92 lever action in .357 for the last year. I was hoping they would go on sale eventually...

I visit the Gallery of Guns regularly to check if any are in stock and on sale. 6 months a go the guns were regularly available. For the last 3 months every time I've looked the quantity on had has been 0.

I figured it was just the rifles out of stock...

Last edited:
I've also noticed that Taurus revolvers and some auto's are constantly out of stock. I don't know what the deal is, but Taurus doesn't update their website to remove discontinued guns, so I'll be thinking, "Oh hey, a 24/7 in .45 ACP for like, $300. That's sounds pretty good, lemme see who's got... Oh, they're all sold out, everywhere."

So I just gave up and said Taurus isn't worth bothering with, except for maybe a good deal on a used Judge when you see it.

The Sportsmanguide link provided shows that 3 out of 39 Rossi Lever Actions are in stock and they are all 44's. I already own one of those.

The Gunsamerica link is trying to charge $795 for a $450 gun.

Your links kind of prove my point...

The Sportsmanguide link provided shows that 3 out of 39 Rossi Lever Actions are in stock and they are all 44's. I already own one of those.

Your links kind of prove my point

The Rossi .357 rifle has been difficult to find for this entire year. I bought a new one in April...took me a couple of weeks to find a dealer with one and that was after waiting on one that had been ordered by my dealer for more than a month and it never arriving. Wound up having to get one off Gunbroker.

But, HEY, it was worth the effort...even a much as I dislike Taurus after buying a back to back bad Taurus guns...the 92 has been GREAT.

Your links kind of prove my point...

Well I will be at a SAXET show next weekend.
Ill look there if I find something I can shoot you the selling dealer info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a new G2...all the big box stores carry them and a few other Taurus models but the G2 sells out fast...haven't noticed any complaints about limited or no stock of other Taurus weapons. As far as I know, they seem to be doing fine. Good luck in your search.

Stopped gunwatcher and went to the better at finding slickguns...

Nothing for months on a lot of the previously available G2s that shouldn't include the lawsuit safety issues...

LOL! Something with high-demand being sold out equates to "dead". You must live in the Bizarro Universe.
Like I mentioned, it's tough to tell what Taurus does or does not make anymore. I know the PT111, TCP, and Judge are still being made, but I haven't a definitive clue what else Taurus is making because their website sucks, easily the worst firearm manufacturers website with S&W right behind them.

Kel-Tec, North American Arms, and Ruger know how to make a website.

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I wanted to see if any of the original posters had luck finding what they are looking for?

I've been on the look out for a Rossi 92 in .357 at least once a week or so and still haven't had any luck. I just checked gunbroker and there are dozens of 92's in 44 and 45 but no .357. When I check Gallery of Guns all the .357 are sold out and have been ever since this thread was started. On Armslist there is 1 .357 in MA and the dude won't ship it. No other 357's on that site either.

I dont think there dead, just in demand due to the low price. My LGS always sells out of the Taurus 85's and G2's, a new shipment arrives and they would sell out in a few days. I think its more of a supply and demand thing. If S&W or Ruger would lower their prices they would have the same problem of selling out all their stock.

Back