Is ammo more available in your area/ prices stabilized or dropping?

TXAZ

“It seems” that a little more ammo is available locally and prices are stabilized/ starting to drop.
You guys seeing that or something else?

I am seeing improved availability and falling prices. Hold on, the prices will be lowest when the pipeline is full.

I only need one kind of powder to complete a T&E and one kind of brass for a new rifle that is not even built yet, so still fine. But I did have the opportunity to sell off a lot of stuff I don't even see me using again. Gun, components and reloading tools. Sold to locals first, then some friends on forums and have some auctions ending on GB. Guy yesterday got 100 6.5mm 150g bullets from me for $0.35.

One of the LGS had 50 round boxes of 9mm for $18 last week.

Less ammo as all of the Walmarts have stopped selling ALL guns and ALL ammo. BASS has nothing and whatever Academy does get is scarfed up by the same folks who wait outside every delivery day.

Shadow9mm said:
Little shop near me has been having 9mm regularly for 25 a box, 2 box limit
What type? Is this for 50-round boxes of round-nose plinking ammo, or 20-round boxes of "name" brand JHP self-defense ammo?

Doesn't matter as Walmart, BASS and Academy have empty shelves and my Walmarts have discontinued all ammo and gun sales permanently.

I didn't really need it, but very recently purchased a thousand rounds of Tula 9mm from an on-line dealer because it was the most reasonably priced I have seen for awhile ( 50 centers per round). I won't use any in my 1911s but don't mind shooting it in my polymers.

Last edited:
That is about 4 times the cost from what I was paying last March ($6.43 per box) and that included shipping right to my door. A little over 12 cents per rd at the time.
But at least you were about to score. I have not seen any 9mm in my area for months.

Still kind of high..200% to 600% of normal price. Most popular calibers available locally and more nationally in the last week or 2...check your reaction times...you have to click fast!

No big chain stores here in NJ, at the LGS's it's still pretty tight. Only brands of 22LR I see are CCI and Federal, occasionally Aquila, prices still high. At one LGS/range in Eastern PA it's one box per customer for a range session only.

Last edited:
KY Gun Co has cases of ammo, but prices are up there.

ypmTNRol.png

New Castle PA. 90 cents a round for Wolf brand 9mm. And the "professional" gun guy behind the counter tells me 3 box limit. I'm 57 with a bad hip. Yes, I ran.

I wonder if all the hundreds of thousands of New Gun owners are becoming "Price conditioned" when they see these "Sale" signs of Ammo which is only 3 times the Pricing of last march as opposed to the standard 5 times the cost?

Last edited:
We get ammo deliveries every day, and the shelves aren't totally bare any more. Got some 9mm and 223 on the shelves, got 308, got a few boxes of 40. 22 is showong up and the prices aren't too high. I think it's getting better.

Back