in praise of the Glock 48

Hopefully the 365 won't break when ya know, ya really need it??

I lay awake at night with that fear running thru my mind. You know, it is on youtube and the internet...

Scary...scary..scary....

:eek:

Tallest

To me, and this is just my opinion, that makes the draw a lot less reflexive and more prone to possible errors, tangles, snags, etc.

I've never had that problem "less reflexive and more prone to possible errors, tangles, snags, etc.," but then I practice what I do. First started IWB at 5 o'clock position off duty in that manner over thirty years ago with a Colt Commander 1911 in .45. I found it concealed well and didn't hamper access when needed in a hurry.

Give it a try, you might be surprised at what you find.

I've been following this thread and even went to my local gunshop to compare the G43, G43X, and G48 side by side. I like the new G48, but not enough to buy one. No interest in the G43X at all.

I was able to confirm that the 10 round G48 magazines won't fit in the G43. That was I think a mistake IMO. I'd much rather just buy the G43 and have the option of carrying the shorter 6 round mags or longer 10 round mags.

The better option in my opinion would have been the longer barrel and slide of the G48 with the shorter grip of the original G43 and sell both length magazines. The 10 round magazines with a sleeve over it would give you exactly the same gun as the G48, but with the option of a shorter grip for carrying.

I've been following this thread and even went to my local gunshop to compare the G43, G43X, and G48 side by side. I like the new G48, but not enough to buy one. No interest in the G43X at all.

I was able to confirm that the 10 round G48 magazines won't fit in the G43. That was I think a mistake IMO. I'd much rather just buy the G43 and have the option of carrying the shorter 6 round mags or longer 10 round mags.

The better option in my opinion would have been the longer barrel and slide of the G48 with the shorter grip of the original G43 and sell both length magazines. The 10 round magazines with a sleeve over it would give you exactly the same gun as the G48, but with the option of a shorter grip for carrying.
Yeah the frames are slightly different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Picked up my G48 on Wednesday - should be able to try it out this weekend. In my 30 years of handgun shooting this is my first ever brand new Glock.

I really appreciate the G48's lack of bulk in the grip that has been the main turn off for me on every Glock double stack pistol. It is my 4th 9mm , the others:

SIG P239
SIG P226 E2
Smith Shield 1.0

The 48 feels the best but the real test will be firing rounds down range this weekend. If I shoot accurately with it I might try shooting at Camp Perry this July.

Took mine to the range again today, I'm now at 400 trouble free rounds. I've learned to dislike grip smoothness and installed some talon grips which helped quite a bit. Out of box, the rear ameriglo sight is pushed a little too far right, I'll probably fix that next time I'm out shooting.

I rented a G48 on Friday because I know my G43 slide will fit on a G43X/G48 frame. So if I buy the G48, I can shoot as is. Or I can remove the slide, install my G43 slide on the G48 frame, and have essentially a black slide G43X. You can even install a G48 slide on the G43 frame and have a long slide G43. Tried it out already and interchanging the slides and frames ran 100%.

Last edited:
I rented a G48 on Friday because I know my G43 slide will fit on a G43X/G48 frame. So if I buy the G48, I can shoot as is. Or I can remove the slide, install my G43 slide on the G48 frame, and have essentially a black slide G43X. You can even install a G48 slide on the G43 frame and have a long slide G43. Tried it out already and interchanging the slides and frames ran 100%.
I have been looking for a deal on a used G43 with the same idea.

Back