In home carry or staging firearms?

In home carry or stage weapons

• in home carry

Votes: 75 58.6%
  • stage weapons conveniently

Votes: 53 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't carry at home per-se. When i'm home, I'm usually in my house clothes, sweatpants and a T-shirt that kinda precludes really carrying a gun on my body comfortably. But I always keep a shotgun within arm's reach. When I go to the living room to watch TV, I take the gun with me and put it next to the couch. Go to the bedroom to use the computer, grab the shotgun, bring it with me. If I'm eating int he kitchen, the gun is there leaned up in the corner.

I don't have enough guns to be planting them all over the house. Plus leaving guns lying around the place is a good way to get them stolen in the case of a break in or getting shot with your own gun.

I don't carry at home per-se. When i'm home, I'm usually in my house clothes, sweatpants and a T-shirt that kinda precludes really carrying a gun on my body comfortably. But I always keep a shotgun within arm's reach. When I go to the living room to watch TV, I take the gun with me and put it next to the couch. Go to the bedroom to use the computer, grab the shotgun, bring it with me. If I'm eating int he kitchen, the gun is there leaned up in the corner.

Having grown up where you live, all I can say it wasn't that way a few decades ago - and that is a shame. If I felt I had to place a shotgun next to my dinner table, I might be looking to rethink certain things

Having grown up where you live, all I can say it wasn't that way a few decades ago - and that is a shame. If I felt I had to place a shotgun next to my dinner table, I might be looking to rethink certain things

A few decades ago, as in when crime rates were much higher in NYC, and somehow that was a safer time?

No it really isn't that bad here. I do it mostly because I like guns and like having them around me. Not because I feel unsafe without it.

I guess I kinda overstated things in my last post. It's not like I never go anywhere int he house without the gun. If Circumstances dictate that it would be inappropriate to lug the shotgun around with me. I have no problem just leaving it in my bedroom.

A few decades ago, as in when crime rates were much higher in NYC, and somehow that was a safer time?

As in SEVERAL decades ago when the neighborhood I grew up in was not one of diversity and crime was non-existent.....;)

Huge proponent of "in home carry". However, I just call it carrying 24/7. It's only off my person but in reach when I'm asleep (most times) or in the bathroom/shower.
Same here, for many years now.

Huge proponent of "in home carry". However, I just call it carrying 24/7. It's only off my person but in reach when I'm asleep (most times) or in the bathroom/shower.

And with modern developments in weather resistant finishes, you can even stay armed in the shower.

overreaction-34-so-i-was-in-the-shower-eating-a-cookie-when-i-heard-a-noise-34.jpg

:D

Funny you should mention the shower. That's where I feel most defenseless. I turn alarm on and gun is not far away. I also make sure I don't leave one out for someone either. The druggies didn't seem so numerous, crazy and violent 20-30 years ago. All the meth labs, smoking bath salts, crockidill etc.
anything I have staged is put away even if just going to the barn and back.

Ok - "krokodil" was a new term for me. Interesting Russian news report (in English) HERE. Sounds worse than meth or crack and based on the side effects listed in the news clip... "...krokodil deprives the body of nutrients and blood supply resulting in the slow systematic death of the user including the required amputation of limbs due to gangrene...".
I guess the only positive here is that the host system self-destructs.

Yes! I keep some in "strategic" locations. I don't make a special effort to carry in the house but I keep my gun on if I'm going out of have been out.

Yes! I keep some in "strategic" locations. I don't make a special effort to carry in the house but I keep my gun on if I'm going out of have been out.

I don't make a special effort to carry at home, either. I put as much effort into carry as I put into wearing pants.

I keep a Rossi Circuit Judge loaded with Hornady LeveRevolution .45 Colts.
I do have a gun safe but not all of my guns are in it. Some are too big. I don't think there's many safes that fit a Marlin Goose Gun. Even so, a gun safe can be easily stolen, even if bolted down. Or if the thief has a grinder or sawsall it can be broken into. My Rossi is kept hidden in my bedroom. When my son gets to walking I'm making a hidden compartment in my ceiling.

This question would depend on a case-by-case basis and would differ from every person.

I am a single guy with 2 male roomates. None of us have kids and we all know there are guns at home. I "stage" my firearms mostly secured and hidden in my bedroom. We do not have visitors very often (if not at all) so there is no issue there. I store all the guns in loaded in condition 3, except the main HD gun, which is a semiauto rifle with a high capacity magazine (yes more than 30rds :D ) There is also a (CCW) pistol in my car which stored in a small car safe.

When I'm at home, my Ruger LCP is in my pocket till I get undressed to shower and go to sleep.
And then it is holstered beside my bed.

Back