I'm so angry at S&W, are there firearm lemon laws?

Yesterday I got a call telling me that I will be getting a replacement. I'm glad Smith is finally doing the right thing. Just hoping that this one is a good one.

Well, follow-up with us on this. 'Cause it sounds like you got a good hosing w/o vaseline the first time around. :confused:

Hopefully the gun S&W is sending you won't be a second lemon.

If it is, then you need to maintain a manly composure, get the checkbook out, lawyer-up, .... and hold on for the ride. :eek:

Well, follow-up with us on this. 'Cause it sounds like you got a good hosing w/o vaseline the first time around. :confused:

I was under the impression that the first issues with the gun, were simply cosmetic and would have been easily avoided had he actually inspected the gun before accepting it and taking it home. While this does not vindicate S&W, had the OP not originally picked the lemon himself, he wouldn't had to have drunk the lemonade.

I'm thinkin' S&W knows the OP would have a hard time ever really warming up to his original purchase no matter what they did to it(I know I would) and decided that replacing the gun itself with a better specimen would be the smart way to go. Could also be they found something else wrong with the firearm/frame that made it dangerous to return due to liability.

Hopefully they has someone look at the replacement very closely before they boxed it up.

I took delivery of my replacement, and this one is as it should be. This one seems like it was manufactured properly and it functions like a normal gun, which was all I ever wanted since the day I bought the first one.

Is it possible to update the original post and title on this forum or no?

Just go back to your original post and hit the edit button and you will able to change the title.

After a certain amount of time has passed you can no longer edit your post. The OP is old enough I doubt it can be edited now.

There is no need to edit the original post. You had a bad experience with a S&W revolver. That really happened, didn't it? You were angry, weren't you? They made it right, eventually. This thread is the record of that journey.

There is no need to edit the original post. You had a bad experience with a S&W revolver. That really happened, didn't it? You were angry, weren't you? They made it right, eventually. This thread is the record of that journey.

That is an excellent point. The the past won’t change, so I won’t make my post change either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the last Savage Axis II I bought in 270 Win?

Chamber and barrel cut with a pipe tap?

I mean, I have modestly priced ARs from Palmetto, and the lead, barrel are awesome.

How do people make this garbage and stay in business????

Well, sure.

OTOH, take a gander at my SW629 8.25" revolver.

Looks like CR*P inside, but shoots like a house afire.

I have never cleaned the barrel, shoot mostly very hard cast full tilt boogie GC rounds. I occasionally run a jacketed bullet thru it to strip out the lead? Well I guess that works.

This gun has well over 600 rounds thru it. Not lots of fouling

I can't seem to get images in here, so here are a couple self-descriptive files of the barrel from my modestly priced Teslong bore scope....

Once again, it looks terrible, shoots crazy straight:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2e8hwuslwyi1imw/AADQThuehpGnJWgIzJ2oniGza?dl=0

Last edited:
Looks like they hammered the button through the barrel without lube or something. Definitely a defective barrel. I would ask for a refund and move on to something else. rc

7c3d99feaed91ccf59c4962cbc846f89.jpg

Pictures of the barrel. It’s like this down all 7.5 inches of rifling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, I'm pretty darn sure that rifling isn't supposed to looked like that.

I bought 12 S&W over the last 30 years, some new, most second hand. The youngest one is built in 1994, there’s gotta be a good reason for that (and I’m not buying a gun with a lock, I’m not a kid).

I own a Taurus Judge which cost me about $400 and the rifling looks better than that, smoother, cleaner, and yet more refined, which is saying something considering that the Judge has intentionally shallow rifling so that it doesn't cause the shot to spread out as much.

Did Smith & Wesson ever even attempt to explain what could have gone wrong with that barrel?

Back