I'm really enjoying the basic "revolver" lately

Enjoy your Gp-100s!

Personally, not into DAs, but do have a couple. I have a .44 Spec. GP100 shorty that I planned on CC ... But reverted back to the CA Bulldog as the GP-100 is just to big a revolver for that. Still the GP-100 gets out to the range now and then! So all good.

Recently went looking for a Blackhawk in .45 Colt (long story short I got some 325 grain hardcast rounds that are a tiny bit too long to feed in my Henry so I decided that a Blackhawk was a reasonable investment).
Couldn't find what I was looking for but ended up with a Blackhawk in .357 that came with a 9mm cylinder.

I can still single load the Henry and the revolver is just plain fun.

I really enjoy shooting and reloading for the 1911 in 45 acp but at 72 chasing down the brass and bending over to pick it all up is starting to hurt ... a LOT ...
The Revolvers are showing their big advantage to older reloaders ... they drop all the empties right into the palm your hand ... that's so nice when your back is aching !
Gary

Recently went looking for a Blackhawk in .45 Colt (long story short I got some 325 grain hardcast rounds that are a tiny bit too long to feed in my Henry so I decided that a Blackhawk was a reasonable investment).
Couldn't find what I was looking for but ended up with a Blackhawk in .357 that came with a 9mm cylinder.

When I see reasoning like this I say, "Well, yeah. Of course. How is this an issue?"

I've actually had this kind of conversation with significant others in the past and still am perplexed as how anyone could NOT understand this.

at 72 chasing down the brass and bending over to pick it all up is starting to hurt ... a LOT ...
Ha! I see I got to this point ahead of you.

When I see reasoning like this I say, "Well, yeah. Of course. How is this an issue?"

I've actually had this kind of conversation with significant others in the past and still am perplexed as how anyone could NOT understand this.

I just saw your response, interestingly enough as I am looking at .410 shotguns (I cannot believe the prices of 870s and 1100s in .410) because I bought a case of .410 #4 shot for snakes when the only quantity I could find was a case and I will likely never shoot more than one box through my .410 pistol. A case of ammo seems like a good enough reason for another gun, especially this close to the holidays.

I also just realized that the two moccasins I shot this year were with a 9mm. But that didn't stop me from a dedicated snake gun that has never seen a snake.

Just got a S&W 617 4" from my cousin. What a sweet gun, I think 686's are cheaper to buy. The cylinder is a work of art.

I've always been a semi auto pistol guy. Then I inherited my Dad's Ruger Single Six. Ended up buying another. Revolvers have become fun to shoot. Not having to pick up brass for reloading is an added plus.

I shoot S&W revolvers and 1911 guns. Don't have any D/A Rugers left, never could love them. I do have other semis but they don't compare to the 1911s. The revolver will do everything a semi will except hold up to 17 rounds of ammo(not important to me). The revolver will also shoot .357 mag and .44 mag ammo. Most games we play will give the semi the edge because they hold more ammo.

Back