If you had only 1 choice?????

It just has to be the 686--The Universal
Soldier.No jams,no corrosion,no weaknesses.
Six rounds of certainty---every time.
And, if necessary you can buffalo someone
with it.
Besides all that it looks like the real thing
because it is.

Glock 19 with +p hollowpoints.

------------------
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's best for me.

Only one? It would have to be a toss up between my Cougar 8040 and my Smith 629.

------------------
gun control is people control

Any good quality .357 in a 4" barrel. A friend has an older Rossi 971. Great gun. I would have to agree on the SP-101 Ruger. Ruger revolvers are great, durable handguns. Stainless would be my preference.

------------------
Have a Twinkie, snappahead---Ford Fairlane

H&K USP .45 full-size with 12 rds. magazine and loaded with 230gr. Hydra Shoks.
Anything else would be a compromise!
Got nothing against Glock 21 neither...just not a glockhead.

My custom Ruger P90, of course.

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

If you dropped your Glock, Sig or HK auto in a river and got sand/water in it how many people could take it totally apart, without tools or even with tools. Remember in the future there may not be gun dealers to take it to to repair or clean.Therefore i think the 1911 is the way to go. It is easy to take evert part out without tools. If guns are outlawed in the future this can be important or if you are in a very remote area or a state where you can not own a gun.The other consideration is protection from large animals and a 357 is not a reliable stopper for bears or wild hogs. If that willbe a concern then go with a stainless S&w 629 in 4". Curious to know how many of you guys can totally take apart your Sig, Glock or HK. A gain of sand in the wrong place can disable any gun. Critical parts also can be stocked and replaced for the 1911. Only problem with it is using it against bears,etc.

ONLY ONE GUN?
Of course your meaning ONLY ONE Pistol... Right?

HK Mark 23

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

A 4" Smith & Wesson 686.It can do almost anything that needs doing, east of the Mississippi, and will last forever.

I'd have to vote with the (so far) minority of one - Dr.Rob. Except mine is the old Mark I from some 30+ years ago. (For all the reasons he gave, plus as a survival weapon it can feed you a lot better than many of the larger calibers. 500 rounds of .22 is a lot lighter than 500 rounds of .45 ACP or even 9mm foder.)

If we were talking one firearm - period - then I might favor my old Remington Nylon 66 - though it'd be tough to give up my Ruger 77/22.

------------------
Jim Fox

Tough question.... H&K USP45FS would be it with the USP40C a close second, depends on the relative need for concealability.

Revolver? S&W 27 4"!!!

------------------

My choice will be either a Berreta 96 FS,.40 or the Mini Cougar 8040.
For home defense I have the Berreta under my pillow and for concealed carry I carry the Mini Cougar.
I have never had one malfunction in any of the Berreta's I ever had. I usually average around 10,000 rounds a month.
I highly recommend them, they shoot every time

A G17 would be my choice because of its reliability and low operating cost. 9mm ball ammo is relatively cheap and plentiful. That's important to me because I'm on a tight ammo budget. Today's premium hollowpoint 9mm loads are extremely effective. Replacement parts and accessories are readily available; so are full capacity preban magazines although they're getting more expensive all the time. You can even use G18 magazines in your G17 for 31+1 rounds of firepower!

Glock? HK? SIG? S&W? nahh
Kahr K9. DAO. Single stack
7+1 9mm. fits my hand perfect. similer to glock 27(i think thats the small 9mm)damn glocks just feel nasty in my hand
plastic grips just arnt my thing. i like the soft rubber grip of the K9.

Another vote for the P7 in any of its variations. The things always work, are very accurate, concealable and exceptionally safe.

JH

Back