If you had only 1 choice?????

I think I would pick the HK P7. It is extreamly safe to carry. Not hard to conseal, very accurate, and one of the easiest guns made to shoot fast and keep on target. Ammo is cheap,yet with +p ammo not lacking in power It is almost imposible to wear one out. About the only negitive thing I can say is, it is slightly heavy.

One last note since I started using Rig-Univer once every two months rust is not an issue

Beretta Cougar Mod. 8045-F.

-Great gun, easy to use and maintain, safe and (to my large hands) very comfortable.

Besides, how can you not love anything shooting .45 ACP?

------------------
"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example. . ." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Here's another vote for the H&K P7. The thing is, if you're down to only one gun, it's going to have to be like a swiss army knife, not the best tool for any one job, but one that will do many things and get you by. The P7M8 fits that bill for me, accurate enough for hunting or target, small enough for carry, enough power and speed for a fighting handgun. It is capable of filling every requirement, although no one would say it was the best hunting handgun, for instance, it will get the job done if that's all you have. That's why it would get my vote. Hope this helps.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

A tough choice...I fall into the revolver camp for this one. It would be a S&W Mod 686, 4" bbl. It's a heavy duty weapon that will handle max .357 loads or wadcutters equally well...extremely accurate and reliable. 629 Mountain Gun would be a CLOSE second.

Mike

Smith & Wesson 686+ for me. Can shoot Hi vel, target ammo, shot cartridges, and never loose a piece of brass. I find it more accurate than any semiauto centerfire handgun that I have ever owned, and 7 shots puts me right up there with the 1911 fans for the plate games.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

If it couldn't be my 1911, it would be any of a great number of medium frame,38/357 revolvers of US make and design. Versatile, effective, and ammo is easily found.

The primary use of a handgun,IMO, is last ditch defense. Either a good 1911 or revolver will do the job if we do ours...

I'm sure there's viable alternatives for others, but these are the handguns I know...

Is this a TEOTWAWKI scenario?

Then a 686+ with the longest barrel
available and a whole variety of
different ammo.

Can I have options for a scope also?

------------------
The Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule are enough for civilized behavior. The rest is window dressing. Shoot carefully, swifter...

Funny how this question never fails to get so many answers, including mine!

No doubt, it would be my Glock 30.

10+1 rounds of .45 in a concealable package, but accurate enough to shoot one ragged hole and rugged and durable as heck. What else do I need?

S&W Model 681 (.357 fixed-sight stainless L-frame). Versatile, reliable, durable, accurate.

--or a Glock 21. :)

Just 1??

Probably my ruger mk2 5.5 in bull barreled target pistol, i'd upgrade to stainless though.

You can hunt with it, its accurate as hell, not TOO large to carry concealed and if this is really a SHTF scenario, its easily silenced and ammo is easily available and you can carry a whole lot of it.

My hungarian Hi-Power copy would be a close second. or maybe my lieghtwieght commander...

Of course we NEVER ever have JUST one of anything right??

Dr.Rob

Glock 30. My 21 shoots .45, .45Super and 10mm.
Another couple barrels and I could add .357SIG, .400Cor-Bon, .40Super and .22LR

Glock 30 is the same deal, smaller frame for concealment.

[This message has been edited by BB (edited December 07, 1999).]

A Daisy BB gun... I have the 250+ rounder. That's right baby... read it and weep. Lever-action, plastic sights, and durable as hell. They also cost about $30.00... 1/10th the price of those so-called REAL GUNS.
The trigger is SWEET, and I can bounce a BB off a squirel from 50 feet!
Daisy all the way,
;)
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited December 06, 1999).]

twoinchgroup52 - I already have an HK USP Tactical. Good gun. I like my Glock better. The Tactical is huge and bulky and has no real user advantage over the Glock other than the fact that it costs more. Believe it or not, my Glock 21 is just as accurate as my HK USP Tactical offhand.

BB - How do you get your Glock to shoot all those calibers? What about the size of the breech face? I have heard of Glock 21's shooting 400 Corbon, .45 Super, .40 Super etc, but never heard of them shooting 10mm or smaller. Is it just a matter of getting a new barrel?

thanks

I could live with either a 4"686 or a 5"625 Smith & Wesson. Either can do almost anything you want to do in general shooting, and both are great fun.

Back