If you could only have one rifle.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something along the lines of the Savage Scout would be about right...even better with a really good (rustproof) finish and fluted hb.

If ammo were available, a nice Mannlicher, perhaps? (in 6.5x55, of course :))

Pete80, you didn't see Rambo II, did you? One man simply FIRING an M60 at 40-50 enemy soldiers scares them so badly none of them can aim and hit you with their AKs.

Futo Inu,- Except for the one that you didn't scare that is hiding behind the big rock to the left of the pine tree on the other side of the field next to the stream. :)

5" naval rifle Cornered Rat? Why not ask for a mothballed battleship and have a 16" gun instead. One round, one city block gone.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Steyr Jeff Cooper Scout in .308.

See the Scout Rifle Archives.

------------------
Train Like You Fight: Second Place is Not an Option.

I'll go with the Steyr Scout in .308

By the way, just got a LeMat revolver replica - Nine .44 shots on tap and a 16 gauge (oh well .60 shot or slug, I'm supposed to try it out and write an article about it). A predecessor to the 'Crossfire'? - not American made though.

Peter Knight

Only one? Well, not to hard to figure, Rem 700 30-06 180gr. ballistic tips (most successful rifle cartridge of all time) with leupold 3.5-10 mil dot, bdc.

Or M-21 with McMillan synth stock and same scope with 7.62x51 cam, and 165 Nosler ballistic tips.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it
T Jefferson

Folks,
This thread has reached the size that begins to cause downloading problems, particular for older computers and slower MODEMs. Consequently, it is hereby closed. Feel free to continue the thread as a Part-II.

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back