If you could have any handgun....

Wish Kahr would bring back the P9 Covert. Told Justin Moon this directly at the 2009 NRA convention. He just kind of smiled, said not enough demand. I bet it would be less finicky than my PM9 was.

I would buy a Ruger Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk in 40 caliber S&W. I shoot that caliber a lot anyway. It's easy to find and not expensive (though my family reloads anyway). A "convertible" with a spare cylinder for 10mm would be fun. I would definitely shoot it a lot.

My dream gun is a compact auto, very flat and thin as a finger. Based on a scaled-up FN Baby, but thinner. About 4' barrel. It is chambered in a shortened .22 mag, which somehow retains the ballistics of the WMRF with fast powder and a case about 22mm long. Big, blocky sights, nice trigger. It would my ultimate kit gun.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I'd like to have a Browning HP in .25 ACP. I wonder how many rounds one could double (or triple?) stack into a magazine. LOL

Dream Handgun

I would like to see S&W make a 32 Magnum revolver on a blue magnum K frame. I would want the gun to have a round butt but no internal lock or MIM parts.

If S&W would build this gun, I would not need to have one custom made like the one in the below picture.

https://imgur.com/a/D85l8

An LCP chambered in 25 ACP. I know it's a worthless round but I had a Lorcin 25 for years and I shot it extensively until it suffered an irreparable injury in the form of a crack running lengthwise down the barrel. I've amassed plenty of ammo and reloading components for it. I haven't come across a 25 I truly like as of yet to replace it. But I have an LCP and I personally think that firearm in 25 ACP would be the ultimate mouse gun.

I'm with kozak6 here,,,

I've posted many times about wishing for a super simple single-shot .22 handgun.

The only difference is that I would have to buy two of the things,,,
So I could encase them as dueling pistols.

Something reminiscent of the old Stevens break-open pistols,,,
Surely they could be made inexpensively.

NAA would be a good candidate for the manufacture,,,
They already have a niche market for oddities.

Aarond

In no particular order:

An LCP in 7.62x25

A modern made .32 S&W or .32 ACP I frame like alloy revolver and titanium cylinder.

A Merwin Hulbert-ish clone that has spare barrels and cylinders so I could go from a .45 Colt with an 8 inch barrel to a 2 inch barrel in .327 Magnum.

Uberti or Pietta to make a 5 shot, .36 caliber New Model Navy and Police replicas. I'm amazed that these smaller framed NMA's have never been reproduced.

SP101 with 5.5 or 6 inch barrel.

A Blackhawk in .22 with 12 round cylinder.

These in .32 up to .45:

th

I would like to see a dbl. stack 22lr semi auto with at least a 18 round capacity. In a 3 1/2" barrel but still have a decent size grip.

I've posted many times about wishing for a super simple single-shot .22 handgun.

The only difference is that I would have to buy two of the things,,,
So I could encase them as dueling pistols.

This is where being a geezer has its advantages ;)

Remington XP-100 is the answer to that question!
RemingtonXP-100.jpg

Back