If you could have any handgun....

BobaSeth

Inactive
but not any handgun that already exists. What have you always wished they would make, and why?
I wish I could have a 9mm DA/SA 1911
9mm because of the ammo cost and reduced recoil
1911 because I LOVE the way they feel, the way they shoot, and the way the look.
DA/SA because no matter how much I train with one, when I draw I can NOT get my thumb where it needs to be without readjusting my grip.
I know MILLIONS of shooters don't have a problem with the thumb safety, and on the range I don't either, but when drawing, it just doesn't happen for me.

So, what would YOU want to see produced???

I would like to see Ruger get back into BP pistols.....with a Single Six framed ...36 caliber...."Old Navy" to go with my four "Old Army's"

aaaaahhhhhhhh the smell of bp......

My son wants the matched set of revolvers the Gunslinger used, double action 1858 Remington smoke wagons converted to cartridge, swing out cylinders with one opening left, one opening right.
As for me I'd like a Scorpion pistol in 10mm that I could "brace up".

Id like to see Walther, HK or anyone else in Germany make a 9mm revolver. Id love to add a German revolver to my collection but other than vintage Mausers, I dont believe that any exist.

Keltec PMR30 in 22lr
20ga smooth bore revolver (actually seen a few of these as 1'offs)
Beretta 92:
10mm, pic rail, stainless frame and slide, front serrations, threaded barrel, frame safety, elite II hammer, integrated pic rail on slide, dove tailed front sight.

Actually was a guy who made a 10mm 92, went by the name Freddy Ruger on the Beretta board.

If I Could Have Any Handgun?

S&W 639 with fixed sights and round trigger guard. And a dozen magazines for said pistol.
If that isn't possible then a S&W 3906 and a dozen magazines.

A Ruger Redhawk in a 40 caliber magnum rimmed cartridge. A six to eight inch barrel would be perfect. The cartridge could be made from a 30-30 cut to 1.3" and blown out straight. A partner gun shooting a 40 caliber super mag that was made 1.6" long in a similar gun with an eight to ten inch barrel.

OK, so... handguns that are not available off the shelf, that I think would be really cool:

Colt Python, .22 LR
S&W N-frame, .22 LR
Colt Python, .41 magnum
Luger P-08, .45 ACP (one original is known to exist)
H&K P7, .45 ACP (none made except for factory prototypes)
Browning Hi-Power, .357 SIG

Ruger GP100 7 shot
Lockless S&W Revolvers
Glock with a grip designed to fit humans who reside here on earth
All steel CZ P01

A $450-$500 version of the FN Five-Seven but 2/3 of the size... 14 rds. instead of 20... Awesome SD weapon! (But I always say that in these type threads and nobody's come up with it yet... beats me why not...)

Under your rules of "but not any handgun that already exists":

7" barrel 1911 style Sig Master Shop 226

What would I want to see produced?

Whatever that handgun was on the latest version of "Battlestar Galactica." Don't know what caliber that was, but it could drop a titanium armored killer robot with a couple shots.

Also, Capt. Mal Reynolds sidearm. Kind of a revolver, kind of a semi-auto. But impossibly accurate when needed. And it apparently had at least 16 rounds in it.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see Colt come out with a new medium-frame revolver in .357 mag or .41 mag.

Or even if Ruger would try their camlock trigger on a medium-frame revolver, say in the GP-100.

Back