If there was ONE full auto weapon you could legally and easily buy, what would it be?

Doug.38PR

above said question? We all know that few people can legally buy much less afford a fully automatic weapon. If you had one you could get easily and legally, which would it be?

My choice. Browning Automatic Rifle. 1) powerful 30.06 round 2) nice look 3) historical value 4) can be toted around as a rifle.

M3M produced by FN herstal
Got to shoot it when they were doing evaluations on it for our Helicopters at WTI in Yuma Az. Man that thing is a damn blast.

Definitely the M16. So many options as far as accessories and caliber conversions, you really can't go wrong there...

I can see going M16, because you can have fun with it, but if it was a one shot deal, the M240, hands down. I can always get a civilian AR, but I can't cut down trees with the M16 auto.

I would go go with the Grease Gun also. It's fun to shoot, putters along, absolutely reliable and unbelieveably small and handy.

Thompson M1927.

I shot many cool full autos in my short life, but the Thompson holds a dear place in my heart and is my most favorite full auto.

The only one I want that I don't already have is a FN P90. If it wasn't for the '86 ban, I'd have that one too.

My first choice would probably be the M1 Thompson.
This is the WW-II version without the cutts compensator. It's big, heavy, expensive to make, but it is just appealing to the eye. YMMV.

Second choice would likely be an M16/M4 for flexibility.

Third choice would be an Ingram M10.

If you're going the M60 route, the M60E4 is supposed to be the durable version of the gun.

>Thompson M1927.

The Model 1927 is a semi... they are very very rare... legally however they are still considered full-autos since they just took a full-auto receiver and added modified trigger parts to make it semi... I take it you were meaning to say a M1921 or M1928...

If you're going the M60 route, the M60E4 is supposed to be the durable version of the gun.
If memory serves (which is questionble), that's the one I saw video on with a full minute and a half of constant fire. Right?

I would take a full auto ruger 10/22.

The way I see it thats the only kind of full auto I could ever afford to use, plus I can buy replacement parts fairly cheap.

Back