If There Was a Miss America Beauty Pageant for Handguns, which handgun would win?

I'll cast my vote for the S&W model 29. I've never owned one, I've never shot one, and I probably never will do either, but I like its combination of strength and beauty, or at least the perceived (by me) appearance of these attributes.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Colt Python, but only in blued finish, with a set of Pachmayr combat grips (Gripper Professionals ... the ones that leave the back-strap exposed so that you can feel the recoil when you're firing full magnums ... beauty AND authority).

Throw another vote in the old ballot box for the BHP...best figure in a swimsuit; most congenial; shy and innocent; incredible talent; impeccable manners; looks good in evening dress... even John M. said it was his best effort...some 24 or so years after the birth of his most celebrated child.

Sig P220 Two-tone with Houge rubber grips!!
Yea baby!!

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

My choices would be one of two. The Royal Blue 8" Python. And the Colt Model 80 Gold Cup National Match in Polished Stainless Steel. Both of which are in my closet right now.

Gotta go with the Hi Power. I would like to someday own one. I like the Stoeger Luger, too. Out of my own small collection, I think my little, cheap Phoenix Arms HP-22 in the brushed nickel finish is really nice to look at. Revolver wise, I like the Sheriff or Shopkeeper(?) models from Cimmaron.( the ones with the short little barrels)

------------------
Have a Twinkie, snappahead---Ford Fairlane

The Browning Hi-Power is the queen. Take the checkered grips and sand them down--then varnish and you've got a real winner. It shoots great to boot.

I am going to go out on a limb here but i have to say the slick "toyish" look of the vector gets my vote.

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first

The match grade GM 1911 in black with cocobolo grips.

[This message has been edited by Zensho (edited December 07, 1999).]

I am going to go against all odds but I think that the Glock 26/26 are the best looking guns. They are K.I.S.S and that is what I love about them!!

------------------
when the govenment comes for you weapons, give them the ammo first

While I prefer auto pistols; for just pure beauty, I have a blue 6" Python from the mid sixties that is hard to beat and my Redhawk SS is a close second. If "pretty is as pretty does", then the only thing close to my Glock 20 is my Glock 29. Obviously, YMMV :)

------------------
OJ
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Gun control is a steady hand and hitting with the first shot.

[This message has been edited by OJ (edited December 08, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by OJ (edited December 08, 1999).]

Back