If There Was a Miss America Beauty Pageant for Handguns, which handgun would win?

I remember seeing it on the cover of American Handgunner about 5 years ago.

Two-tone Browning High Power with Spegel grips done by Kim Ahrends.

Also agree with couple of others, Colt Python.

A second, maybe Tussey custom 1911 with damascus slide, and "take a pick" hardwood grips.

The now discontinued AMT Automag V in .50AE. A real menacing beauty.

Mauser C/96. You either love it or hate it. I love it.

Or:

S&W M29, barrel shortened and crowned at 5" with Roper-style grips of Pau Ferro.

To my way of thinking, a handgun you commission yourself is by design going to be more beautiful than anything factory-stock.

Browning Hi-Power....two tone, black over stainless, with Spegel cocobola grips and Novack sights. That's right....mine!

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Well, I'm putting in two votes, one for my 92FS Stainless
and one for pretty much any given S&W .357 stainless

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

This is just a beauty contest ?
The gun doesn't have to go "bang" every time or hit the broadside of anything or be a "manstopper" that holds a box of shells?
I would own a Colt blackpowder revolver like the 1851 Navy or an 1862 Pocket Police even as a wall hanger .
I really like the looks of a cased set with the flask and bullet mold also.

have to agree with a some of the other posts and say the Python, Blued of course.

Next would be a next would be a tricked out Officers model with a satin black finish. With Ahrends grips, Novak sights, Ed Brown accessories, (OH OH OH, Drool, snivel) sorry I got carried away.
Lou

Good posts.

Colt's old Pythons (both Royal Blue and nickel) look great.

Beretta 92F Inox looks great.

Browning Silver Chrome looks great.

Colt's SAA in any finish looks great.

Other guns mentioned in this thread also look great.

But my vote is for a nickel S&W Model 27 with 6-inch barrel and goncalo alves target stocks. The graceful barrel taper plus the checkered top strap and barrel rib are superb. It's easy to see why the Model 27 used to be the top of S&W's line! :)

Any of these: Colt Third Model Woodsman Match Target with 4 1/2" barrel; Colt SAA 7 1/2/" with black hard rubber eagle grips and full nickel plate; S&W Triple Lock Target with 5" barrel. And Audrey Hepburn in a '57 T-Bird to take me to the range. (Class counts.)

Ruger Vaquero. Dunno why; it's just danged purty. :)

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

A unique pistol, or a production model?
The lovliest unique pistol I have ever seen belonged to my Grandfathers Uncle. It was his 'church gun'. Colt Single Action Army, caliber .41LC, nickle finish, scrimshawed Ivory grips with the family brand.

Production model would have to go to the two-toned Browning Hi-Power with the gold slide release and and mag release and the smooth dark wood grips.

LawDog

My vote goes to the Vektor CP1 9mm. (Cool, Beavis, a ray gun!) Of course if any of you have a classic HP, Luger or Colt Python lying around collecting dust that you'd like to part with for a nominal sum. . .

Back