If There Was a Miss America Beauty Pageant for Handguns, which handgun would win?

Dogger

Hey, I gotta cast the first vote! Of course the gun is the M1911! Specifically: Ed Brown's full size custom target version -- with the stainless steel slide and blue frame. Awesome!

You gotta be kidding!

Colt SAA, nickel finish and ivory grips.

Actually, I kinda like the way Rugers look in stainless. Does that make me crazy?

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

The old 1960s production Colt Python. Fit and finish has never been rivalled for a standard production American made firearm.

For Miss Universe, which opens it to guns of all nationalities, I'd go with an engraved P-08 Luger.

My first place vote is for an HK P7M8 nickel finish... My second place vote is for a Les Baer 1911 5 in. barrel SRP...

First place my Beretta Cougar 8040 with White Ivory grips. Second runner up my Smith 629 brushed stainless .44

------------------
gun control is people control

From the answers I conclude that noabsolute standard of beauty has been agreed upon. I must agree that the Python of the sixties was/is awesome to look at.
This debate will go on and on and on and...

I am a purist. I still think that a S&W 4"
Mod 66 or Mod 27 is as beautiful as it gets.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

The best looking handgun I have ever seen has got to be the S&W Model 27 with a 5" barrel that was made back in the seventies. It had the best blue job I have seen. I know two friends of mine that each have one of these pieces. They are truly beautiful.
Second choice is a 4" model 19.

Neil Casper

Carry a Glock 22, and I don't think it is pretty. As a matter of fact, it ain't meant to be.
However, I have to say that if I had to pick a winner, it would be the Colt Gold Cup National Match .45 ACP (Blue) Just my two cents :)

------------------

How about one of those pink gripped chromed Jennings?

My serious choices would go to original classic design:

Colt SAA
Colt 1911
Browning HP
Luger
Walther PPK
Glock 17

Each of these is a classic in it's own right

Back