If I could own 1 pistol, I would buy a . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glock 35 will do anything the SIG will do, and some of them better. But, I would suggest you try both in your hand and prefereably both at the range. People and guns are all different. Feel, perception, trust all factor in to your potential as a shooter with any one gun. Get the one that Feels best.

------------------
Good Shooting, MarkCO
http://homes.acmecity.com/rosie/smiley/58/

I bought my shoot*n*c targets at http://www.ammobank.com .Just click on the link for their online catalog and then select the cartridge list. The targets are listed near the bottem. I've seen them at other spots on the internet as well, but I can't find them locally in NYC. These targets make shooting alot more fun since its so much easier to see what you are doing.

[This message has been edited by cnemeth (edited August 27, 1999).]

I like my wife's Gold Cup .45ACP.

Very, very nice. Good groups too.

I would also LOVE to have a Python (SS or Nickel, 6" bbl). That was the very first handgun I ever touched. Amazing action on it. Beautiful workmanship.

Well, if I can ever FIND one again...?

Shoot-n-c targets are great. Here in southern Indiana I can find them at Wally World (not to endorse any particular company)for a pretty reasonable price, also at several gunshops around town. They are very helpful to me when practicing.

bastage

I can sure tell this isn't Glock Talk! If you were to ask that question over there, the overwhelming response would be "Bren Ten!" :)

I am personally inclined to the .50 AE Desert Eagle because they look *so* cool and my favorite use for handguns is hunting large, nondangerous game. Ask me tomorrow and I might be in a practical mood and I would then choose the Glock 21 with a .40 or .45 Super barrel.

Cheers,
David Curry

LadydeeJ: No I am not. Sorry :) Up around Bloomington there is a good trainer, but the name escapes me right now. I'll try to find it in my files. If you are in that area, some of the local gunshops had brochures of his at the counter. I think he is actually in Elletsville. I just moved to the area I am in now, so I am not familiar with much south of Bloomington, where I used to live. Went out of state for my training and haven't really had time for much more since :(

Good shooting
bastage

I can't believe what I started. This was my first post on The Firing Line. You people are really a bunch of first class BSers. Don't get me wrong, I like it! . . .

P.S. What's the difference between a Member and a Senior Member . . . 3 six packs?

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited August 27, 1999).]

Ladydeej - If you have a small hand - try a Browning High Power. It has a "single stack" magazine and can be had in either 9mm or 40S&W. The "feel" the other fellows have been talking about can help tremendously with your confidence and accuracy. I've held several and am saving my dineros for the 40S&W. Good luck and happy shooting.

Oscar,
You can't become a senior member until you ship everyone on TFL a six pack. Right guys?
I don't like beer so I insist on wine coolers, or a bottle of wine, whichever you think will ship the safest.

(Snicker...play along guys, don't blow my cover. Remember, all for one, one for all.)

After you do that Oscar, you must then place 15 postings. I think it's 15, but the postings are not the most important. THE BEER...that is the key to being a senior member.

:D :D :D

Well In answer to the original question and to Lady DeeJ Take a look at the Beretta's as well, they are in the same group/class as those mentioned originally They are all sweet shooters right out of the box and they are made for all shapes and size hands. They also come in a variety of calibers including 9mm and .40 S&W. Cost is equivalent to any of those mentioned. Take Care El Jefe

------------------
...Those that are willing to give up some of their rights for a little security deserve neither...Benjamin Franklin

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

Oscar

If you're looking for a smaller auto you should also consider the SIG 229. The USP and Glocks are always a good choice, but the 229 (.40) just fits my hand better. It shoots like a dream and makes me look forward to range time. Take it from Ala Dan, SIG is a great gun. Also, based on your possible choices, the SIG (either in 226 or 229) has the best trigger of the bunch.

I'd buy a high quality 1911. If you want a more compact model, go for a Commander. There are more after-market parts available for these guns than any other model made, and depending on what you are planning to use it for (Target shooting and defense shooting are two different things..i.e. apples and oranges) you can change your barrel, slide sights, etc. while maintaining the same grip and feel of the gun. A friend of mine learned to shoot his Dad's 1911 .45 at the age of 12, carried it as a duty gun for 14 years. He has tried all sorts of the new-fangled guns, and after the dust settled, he came full circle and still carries his .45

Get a GLock 22 (.40 cal) or even better a G31 (.357 Sig).... Get the G31 and get a .40 barrel for it for $90 and shoot both calibers. .40 and .357 Sig rounds will fit in either mag the same..

Either one will cost about $415 standard if you get a quote from a good discount dealer.

------------------
Lose that nickel plated sissy pistol, get yourself a GLOCK !

If I could have only one it would be the glock 31 in .357 sig

reasoning,

durability of the glock
reliability of the glock
hard hitting power of the .357sig (1450 fps and over 500 lbs)
ability to get .40 barrel
ability to shoot lead in the .40 barrel
ability to buy cheap .40 ammo
ability to secure high caps for the .40/.357
aboundance of accessories for the glock

but since I can have more than one..... :) SDnR

I find it interesting that im the only revolver taker in the group of people who responded----------here's an aside, how many of yall started shooting with semi-auto's over revolvers?...justa curiosity..fubsy.

I asked a older friend this question and since ken is not on the net, ill relay it, he would take a single action colt--45lc...must be a generational thing...fubsy.

Kimber,Kimber,Kimber,Kimber,.......any model superior accuracy, no malfunctions, and easy to shoot.

If you cant afford that G29 Glock. if you miss them up close the Muzzle blast will set them on fire.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

I like revolvers too Fubsy...guess I'll try one of those glocks just to see what I'm missing.
:)

[This message has been edited by LadydeeJ (edited August 31, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back