If 1911's are so great,them how come.......

Owning a 1911 is just like owning a car like a Mustang...
A Mustang is just fine as a medium level performance car as it comes from the factory in it's stock form.
A 1911 is the same.
A Mustang can be ordered from the factory with custom options that can enhance the look, feel, or performance of the car.
A 1911 is the same.
A Mustang owner more often than not will take the time and effort and money to buy "After Market" parts to further customize the Mustang regardless of how it came from the factory.
A 1911 is the same.
Customization is a personal thing between the owner and his beloved steel... Customization is mostly done fpr personal gratification and individualism than from a sheer performance angle.
A 1911 is the same.

It's the HOT RODDING syndrome... Its in American Blood. You can show examples of it - but you cant really explain it. To use a famous Harley quote:
"If I have to explain it to you - You wouldnt get it."
This is why 1911s are simply the coolest pistols.
This is why the hot rods are the coolest cars.
This is why the Milenium Falcon is the coolest spaceship.
http://www.users.qwest.net/~hgeorge8/SW Articles/Hot Rod.htm

For those here that scoff the 1911... You don't get it.

"If you dont know, I can't tell you."

I took the plunge in the form of a Kimber Custom Classic. Many FTF's in the first 200 rounds. Could have been the mag., could have been the extractor, or maybe just needed to be broken in. Decided to sell it. I was dissapointed that a $700 pistol was unrealable from the box. Had I not started with Glocks, I might have tried to work through the problem. I guess I'm just spoiled by perfection.

My Kimber also had many FTF's straight from the box. A friend of mine told me to remove the extractor and flex it a couple of times (sort of a rapid break in). That was it. I've had one FTF since then. Now it is my favorite pistol by far and I almost gave up on it becuase it needed a little tweak. A good mag (usually a 7 rounder) and proper lubing will make a 1911 as reliable as nearly any other pistol.

Now George and I dont always see eye to eye....

But I got to say My Springfield is Twice the Gun my Kimber was. No fooling.

And George I still dont like stainless 1911's.

"My Springfield is Twice the Gun my Kimber was. "

Are you talking reliability or something else?

For all intents and purposes, they seem pretty much identical to me. (Could a non-gun-nut tell them apart?)

Back