I would like a Hot Rod 6mm.....so which one?

At some point, more powder capacity doesn't get you much of a return. We all know that. In the case of the 24 caliber, I really do think that the 243AI is about the best of the breed. Barrel life won't be forever, but it won't be over in the next month or year. And if you just have to have something with an unusual name, Mr Ackley's book will give you several choices. For instance, the forerunner of the 243 Winchester was actually developed by Warren Page and is called the 240 Page Pooper. It has a longer neck than the 243, which I think is a good thing. Then there's the 243 Reynolds Special which might be described as a 'warmer' 243AI. And there's the 243 Mashburn Improved. And my favorite 6mm name is the 240 Page Super Pooper - also an improved 243.

Personally, I'd go with the 243AI unless I wanted a cool name. My choice for that would be the 240 Page Pooper, with the longer neck. And you could change the shoulder angle a bit and rename it the 240 Eppie.

UD, you can actually get about 800+ shots out of the RUM if you build it right. It has to be a SS barrel. You have to send it off to be hardened after you cut the chamber in it. The hardening process costs as much as the Lilja barrel. When it comes back, the barrel will flat eat up a reamer if you try to make any further mods. (found that out the hard/expensive way)

I have not built one of either, but know someone who has built a few of each. Rum replaced WBY several years ago.

There's cryogenically treated barrels, chrome lined bores, and Melonite coated bores, all of which will significantly extend barrel life on a 'Overbore' ('Barrel burner') cartridge, at a cost, obviously. There can be other minor tradeoffs as well, it's up to the owner of the rifle to weigh the positives and negatives and make a choice for their rifle. Sometimes, it's just easier to get a 'plain old' barrel, shoot it out and replace it as needed.
I think the 'barrel burning' gets a little exaggerated, as in most cases, your barrel isn't 'fried' in 800 shots. Usually those numbers come from target shooters who want/need maximum accuracy potential. It's plausible that you can still get acceptable hunting accuracy with 2 to 3 times as many shots through a barrel, as long as you're not rapid firing and overheating the barrel.

Marketing instructors are no less susceptible to urban legend than anyone else is. The story about the Nova simply isn't true.
http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2006/4/11/11436/6550

On the topic at hand, I didn't say marketing and names don't effect people. It's silly to let them effect you on purpose, that's the point.

Why would you intentionally let a name effect your decision? It's the same cartridge whether it's called the 6mm Competition Match or the 6mm Worthless Crap.

It's no skin off my nose, it's still a free country, we all get to use what we want. I'm just saying, such decisions should be based on the objective, not subjective names.

Jdoxo, there is a new process out that is significantly better than any of the past processes. The person I know who is doing it wont tell a thing about how he does it. All I know is the barrels come back so hard you can not tool them. You can not even drill them with carbide bits. You can barely scratch them with carbide bits. If I had to guess, I would say it is a combination of heat, cryogenic, and chemical treatments. It takes him forever to get a barrel back to you when you send it to him. His process does not hurt accuracy either.
My first worry was the barrels are so hard they will be brittle and blow up. His testing has proven that to not be the case. There is definitely a chemical in the process because the outside of the barrel changes colors a bit.

Back