I now own a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special as of today.

Bought this about a month ago. Put OEM wood grips and BK grip adapters on it. If feels great in the hand and is incredibly concealable with an IWB holster. I got the blue because at the time the SS was not in stock.

"Bought this about a month ago. Put OEM wood grips and BK grip adapters on it. If feels great in the hand and is incredibly concealable with an IWB holster. I got the blue because at the time the SS was not in stock."

I like blue....even when it gets worn and has some character...I like your gun a lot.

Great little gun for concealed carry.

Now, after you grow to love it...go ahead and get this one...it is even more fun.

74442_2048x2048_zps5k6mjusc.jpg

30nhm4z.jpg

You have a great looking revolver there !!!

I have had a 44 spl of some sort for around the past 30 yrs ..
The Charter Bullogs are my favorite.. Easy concealed .. Throws out fat bullets !!

Does Charter Arms make a .44 Special Bulldog with an enclosed hammer?

I don't know about enclosed, but one nifty thing about Charter is that they will sell you factory bobbed DAO hammers. They're inexpensive, and installing them is a 5 minute process.

The Pachmayr grip that Buckeye! shows in his first pic makes a big difference in taming the recoil of the 44 Bulldog. I've had mine for several years now, and its a ROCKSTAR. I love shooting that big cartridge in a small revolver. I like it so much, I'm seriously thinking about the 45ACP Pitbull.

Thanks, Buckeye! I like that shrouded hammer design for pocket carry-and it still allows you to cock it for sa use if wanted.

Those BOOMERS are made for jamming between the ribs and firing into the assailant's bowels. Very cool and horrifically lethal "gidoffme" guns.

Those BOOMERS are made for jamming between the ribs and firing into the assailant's bowels. Very cool and horrifically lethal "gidoffme" guns.
I'm so tired of hearing how every handgun for concealed carry is intended only for point blank belly work. The Charter .44's are capable of much more. Even the Boomer is when equipped with a laser grip.

People wanna know what a true belly gun is? A north American arms mini revolver, a .25 pistol, a .410 derringer.

Here is my new Boomer in 44. The ported barrel makes shooting easier than the Bulldog. With the Crimson trace grips it shoots POA at 8 to 10 yards.
MUCIWfMl.jpg

wow, i had no idea these guns were so well regarded.
I never liked the look of the metal/finish.

IIRC Jim March spoke highly of his older buldog, I want an old one, but hmm.
i may end up with one of these, they are affordable

I never liked the look of the metal/finish.
You have to 'ignore' that and just think of 'function'. These are light, small guns that conceal well, carry well, and function well. Most time it is going to be sitting in a holster, in a cabinet, drawer, truck glove compartment, etc. Rarely seen, but when needed, there ready for use. This isn't a 'barbecue' gun! Nor to you want to put 1000s of rounds a year down range with it. Not that sort of gun or built for it. Just a small big bore with plenty of punch when needed and at sub-sonic velocities.

As for mine, I haven't got mine out in some time. When I used to, it was easy to still hit the 50 yard round steel out there every month. So back in the holster it went after just a few rounds.... where it still sits today, fully loaded, ... and hopefully never needed.

Last edited:
Back