I Need An Answer To Why Is The Mosin Nagant Is So Popular ?

TX Hunter

If you dont like them nobody really cares.

from the number of replies.., seems there are some that do, when it comes to bolt action military rifles i will take the M1903-A3 Springfield Rifle, Caliber .30-06 over any foreign made rifle. i had one once, but being a "Wheeler-Dealer" many years ago i sold it tripling my investment
images

Bp powderkeg

I have one of those too, mine is an 03 A3 though, but i dont take it out and shoot it much, its too nice. Thats a good thing about the 91 30 you can shoot all you want and not worry about it.

If I knew of an easy source of soft point ammo I'd like to try it out pig hunting, I can hit coke cans further than I would be shooting pigs

My first gun was a '38 Izzy, Christmas when i turned 17. Its cheap to shoot, maintain, and has that "been there, done that" feel about them. How many of Hitler's master-race soldiers did this one kill?

When it comes to factory 7.62 x 54R be advised that most of it uses .308 bullets. I have no idea why, because most Mosin (except for some Finns) measure .311 and larger (as they should).

While some rifles seem to shoot it OK, most will not...

Check to be sure the ammo is loaded with .311 bullets for best results.

The gun's price point and power is a real draw to people who don't know much about guns and don't want to spend a lot to see if they like it. The Mosin Nagant has probably drawn more non-gun people to the fun of shooting than any other weapon in a long time. The more people who get a taste of ownership and the fun involved, the better for gun owners everywhere. Every convert is one more vote with us.

spyderdude said:
I think the Mosin Nagant is ugly as sin

Offhand, I can think of some way uglier or at least more bizare looking guns than the Mosin. It kind of looks the way a classic army rifle is supposed to look with just enough distinguishing features to give it its own identity.

Maybe we have gotten so used to black polymer mall ninja guns that we have forgotten what a classic bolt action military gun is supposed to look like.

Because they are FUN to shoot!!!

A friend of mine shooting my Mosin-Nagant M44:

417318_1960770715857_1740503818_1008110_71163046_n.jpg

Please to note that muzzle flash is longer than rifle, comrades!!!

Cheap, there is no doubt. Many .22 rifles are also cheap.

The valuable combination of low price and full Power seems to create the very widespread appeal-flamethrower on dark days, or not.

That is an awesome pic mosinka!! Yep you gotta love the blast out of the carbines. I like shooting them at dusk lol, but you have to take a minute between shots so you can see again :D

I was shooting Romanian AK47 when comrade friend decided to come from behind and shoot next to me. Friend is not so experienced shooter and had muzzle parallel to my head, and just a few feet to the right. Momentarily, right ear drum was in left ear. Better now. I can hear again, but I think muzzle flash may have singed right eyebrow just a bit. Thanks to comrade's girlfriend, I have it all on video too. :D

422574_10150631097474588_722994587_8933399_2011029970_n.jpg

Back