I may succumb

Because I like gathering info from other experienced folks and seeing replies. Thanks for your input!

I have a chrono, loads for calibers in my safe worked up, and multiple guns. Much like the same reason you're on a forum, I like seeing other people's opinions on a subject.
;):)

Sorry to seem like the odd man out here. I would get two rifles. I Already have the Savage Model 12 FV Cablea's Exclusive. Wtih the rebate it was under $350. I put a scope, rings, and base on it that cost well more than the rifle itself did. Light it is not. Sub MOA for over 10 shots before the barrel starts get a bit warm yes it is. If doing a class this is the one I would take with me. I set it up still under $1k and that is with a 6-24x50 scope with FFV recticle, side focus, and no tool adjustment turrets for windage, and elevation. Warne rings, and base were used as well. The more frills rifles are running over $1k without the base, rings, or glass. If I feel like it at some point I may put a nicer stock on mine to make it look like a super ninja ultra sniper rifle. (Joking abut the super ninja ultra sniper thing.)

For a rifle to pack into the rough high country I would get a Savage Axis with the AccuTrigger, and Scope it with what I can afford and still keep the weight down. It will still give you sub MOA. It just will not do it for a long string of shots. It is still able to make hits beyond what most owners will ever be able to milk it for. It I were not doing the Savage then I would probably go with a Ruger American.

Back