I am truly addicted. I am truly lost... I "heart" Spanish hardware

Nothing wrong with Spanish firearms. The Star PD was the progenitor of many compact pistols. I currently own 2 Spanish rifles, an FR8 Mauser and a CETME. The FR8 is tied for first place with the No.5Mk.I Enfield Jungle Carbine for sexiest military bolt action rifle ever conceived. My CETME, with a $50 scope, delivers groups at 100 yards within a quarter inch of those produced by my best friend's mega-buck totally tricked out HK91 and his Loaded M1A. And at a fraction of the price. A very small fraction.

Long Live King Juan Carlos. Viva Espana.

I had a thing for Spanish guns when the Firestars came out. I bought these two...an M40 in .40 and the .45 version, both in what they called their "Starvel" finish at the time. I was also very interested in buying an Astra A-100 back in the mid '90's, but I waited too long, and then they folded and went away...about the same time that Star did.

StarFirestarM40.jpg

StarFirestarM452.jpg

Why thank you Larry, Salty, the spring and plunger will work on any of the Stars and the Sig simply borrowed the design. I have an extra set if you need them..PM an address.

Salty, Spring and plunger are now in the very capable hands of the US Postal System.....maybe you will even receive it! :-)
Larry, Look on GB at the FI model D....could be a one off factory " compact"

Sorry to wander on the thread......

Back