I am truly addicted. I am truly lost... I "heart" Spanish hardware

They sure have..
I got mine right before pure insanity hit...300+ is normal
Here comes old guy (48) stories...
I remember when I was a youngster walking around the big gun shows with pops and they were 100.00 or so..

I've got an M43 in 9mm that I considered selling or trading a while back. Glad now I kept it. They are heavy, but a fine shooting little pistol. I only wish now I'd bought its 45acp brother (cousin, whatever) when I had the chance

Missed this beauty..was @ 350.00 but I would have paid it!
Star BM 9mm..made 16 years before Colt got onto the compact pistol wagon

Post # 15, lee n field: So the left grip panel should not be removed?

The replacement for the long-gone elusive part, whatever it is called, had to be fabricated. I made a mistake by removing both grip panels during disassembly?

These things don't come with a set of instructions.

If anyone is aware of an Instruction Manual of sorts, or some 'Do Not...' warnings for the BM, please share.

Thanks,

salty

Those bottom-feeders are just a flash in the pan, boys. ;)

The 1924 F.C.A. De Armas Garantizadas 38 Long 'whatever'.

DeArmasGar_15yds.jpg

It handles light-loaded 38 Special just fine but needs a little windage-coaxing with the infamous lead babbit bar, LOL. DA is 16 pounds if it's an ounce.

If you loose the safety detent and/or spring order new ones from Sig...the 238 and 938 will work but they charge $5 per item. Star (D & DK) beat Colt (mustang) and Sig (238) with a concealable, well made and very reliable pistol by forty years.

Many Winters ago...

I had a Star BKM. That was a small (blue jeans pocket sized) 9x19 pistol with an alloy frame for lightness and a big enough grip to control.

One of the best 9x19 chambered pistols I've ever encountered.

Looking forward, I'm seeking an Astra 300 AND an Astra 4000 (Falcon) for my 'art deco' .32 ACP collection. I haven't seen any at gun shows and few on auction sites. I've seen more Remington 51 pistols than those Astras. Dang.

Salty, the safety spring and plunger are the same throughout the Star line. Since I put a half dozen in inventory I have not lost a single one, they still can pop but I have found the little buggers.

Got it mikey.

Thanks,

salty

edit:

Of the half dozen or so that you have put back in inventory, where did you get the little elusive part?

sd.

Thank you, Mr. Field

Nice picture. Looks like yours, too.

The Astras were somewhat ugly, now you mention it. They had the redeeming virtue of working pretty well. (Varied some gun to gun, the makers in that part of the world didn't 'get' metallurgy as well as some others.)

I find the older guns fascinating in terms of history. And I think the Falcon looks 'cool'. As long as I'm dreaming, I also have a 300 and a 3000 (I think it came in 7.65 as well) on the 'seek and buy' list.

And a Ruby. What would a .32 ACP collection be without a Ruby?

You live in the same state as Mordor, Mr. Field? That would be Washington, D. C.?

Salty, The spring and plunger (detent) can be ordered from Sig. Just tell them it is for a P 238. If you need one now PM me with an address and I will send which ever part you need if it is in my parts bin. Mike

Star BM, not Sig

Understood, kinda sorta.

I was commenting on the magical disappearing part on the BM, not the Sig.

Are some parts common to both pistols?

Your offer is appreciated and I will 'pay it fwd'. Assuming we are talking about the same part(s), how do we proceed?

Thanks,

salty

Back