I am new to this Board,

well I think he has one, if not, why would he have the rifle?
unless there are parts of the US that you don't need one, but I'm no authority on that one.

I looked at the rest of the pictures you have on photobucket,
that made me jealous! :D I would love to have that much forest and nature around me! hunting is impossible and forbidden where I live, but we do have the opportunity to shoot at an outdoor range sometimes, most are indoors except some military, but shooting clubs can hire the.

I could recognize Tyrone and your son, are those your lovely wife and kids on the rest of the pictures?
My dad and I used to go fishing, sometimes a little hiking in the woods too. I learned to shoot an air rifle when I was young, and a few years ago I started to look for a gun club in my area. I found one so I have been shooting since a couple of years now. I've always loved making my own things and I'm never dirty of a little elbow grease.
I have a shed full of tools and a charcoal forge I build myself out of concrete. I occasionally used to forge some knives, including heat treatment, (Im a fan of Japanese swords), but it's to cold right now. its starting to snow again as we speak :p.
but apart from doing some simple things like a DIY trigger job on my Mosin Nagant I haven't had any time to do things because of my study.

but when I have some time on my hands I'll try bedding my rifle (with a authentic style replacement stock of course), refinishing the stock and re-crowning the muzzle (it had already been re-crowned when I got it, but it isn't particularly well done).

Have a nice day and all the best to you and your family and friends,
Louis

Gangdog 56, I dont have my C&R license yet but have applied for my Kit, from the ATF. I paid for my Rifle and had it shipped to a friends FFL.
I am really excited about getting into Surplus and Antique firearms.

30 Cal Fun.
Thanks for looking at my album, the pictures were all take with a Cell Phone.
The lady in the pictures is my wife, and those are my Children.
Along with several friends. I love the outdoors, and am thankfull for all of the opportunity that I have here.
If you ever get to come to the US to visit, I would love to be your guide.
Thats neat about blacksmithing, and making swords, that takes alot of skill. And at such a young age that is very impressive.
Please post a few pictures of the things you have made.
I have to go for now, as I have got to go to work.
Take Care,
Rick.

PS, I thought I would post this, Its kind of funny, My Son was shooting his .22 and I was kind of Coaching him. LOL:D

Last edited:
Back