I am back and I did it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss D, I'm glad you had a good time, but mainly I address Jeff. Dude, we have heard you talk the talk, and now we have seen you walk the walk. Proud to know you.

Attention, Sarah Brady:

You are not brainwashing women hard enough. You said women should not be allowed to have guns and look what is happening!

Jim

Miss Demeanors;

Would you like to get married? YES, this is a proposal!! OK, OK, whatever, but I promise to love and protect you for the rest of my life.

HMMMM? Interesting, isn't it? Gun owners do indeed protect their own. We are a family. You are welcome here. The fight for freedom lies in our hands, as part of that struggle (now) you can consider yourself as as a TRUE American..........one who believes in the founding principles that this country was founded upon and not some new age, liberalistic, interpretation of the constitution as is espoused by our current crop of democrats. Without the freedoms guaranteed by our constitution, we are but so much chattel swayed by the breeze of public opinion as may be controlled from time to time by the media. NEVER FORGET THE BEDROCK PRINCIPLES that this country was founded upon. Above all remember that people will die for these principles. The taking of gun rights is exactly the same as someone putting a gun to your head and telling you to shut up because you have no freedom of speech. You can no longer speak! If you understand that destinction, then you understand the fight for the right to bear arms.

Government enforces its laws at the point of a gun........why cannot the people do the same? The constitution is our guide.

[This message has been edited by Frank Haertlein (edited October 25, 1999).]

Thanks for the responses. I know Miss D will be thrilled to read them in the morning.

To address a limited number of brands available. I do not own any Beretta, Taurus, or Colt firearms. The only Ruger I own is a 7.5" Redhawk. The only H&K I own is a P9S Target in .45 ACP. I own no S&W autos beyond the mod 41. Do not take this as a flame to any of you owners out there, it is purely personal preference. I have 4 Glocks, 2 Kahrs, 6 SIGS, 5 Brownings, 6 Walthers, a Bren, Hammerli, High Standard, Astra, Star, CZ, Autauga, Steyr, SAKO, and Para Ordinance. This is just some of the handguns and none of my rifles and shotguns and I had to choose from them. I can't own everthing, I can only hope I can.

Larry P., appreciate the comment, hope to see you at the polls. The campaign is going well.

Miss D sounds like you kick ass, I would have proposed had Frank not beaten me to it, keep up these positive shooting experiences.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON

OMG! I am reading these posts LMAO! I think you all made my day more than I made yours. See how a little old computer can brighten your day? As for wish list, I dont think there is enough bandwidth here for it! LOL There really isnt any that I didnt like. But now you all have got me craving for these full autos, that sounds like fun! I would shoot anything as long as it doesnt knock me down. Like I had told Jeff, the loud BOOM is a rush, it sounds cool. I just want to be able to aim better. I guess I was nervous so I was a little shaky and that messed it up. I'm sure I would have done better had I a steady arm. You have to understand though, the last time I heard a BOOM from a gun it was an old boyfriend that blew his head off next to me, so I had to get over that before I started to get real happy about shooting. Mission was defintley accomplished after the first few shots, believe me I couldnt have been any happier. :) As much as I would like to buy one now, I cant do it for safety reasons. But I was real tempted at that gun show believe me! :) But had to hold back :(. I REALLY like the AR-15's though, actually I love them black guns, they look SO nice! :) Yes, I have been over to AR-15.com a few times and was attacked by slick puppy so I havent been there in awhile. The little laser is just the coolest thing around! I don't get why so many women don't like guns, they are so much fun. After a day filled with kids whining and kids messes, I couldnt think of a better way to end the day then to shoot. You get a REALLY good nights sleep! :) Forget the lame day spa's I will pick shooting over that any time. :) LOL Some of you mentioned safety, let me tell you Jeff did show me all the safety rules and that is the only way I will shoot, I would never do anything to endanger myself or anyone else, to do otherwise would just be stupid. That is the very first thing he taught me and also the most important. So now can someone tell me when these withdrawls might start going away? LOL Is there such a thing as a 'gun junkie'? Because I think that may be what is happening to me. LOL On a more serious note, I am going to be sending out alot of letters and emails to those who are against guns within the next few weeks. They may not listen but I am going to tell them my story and try to make some points as to why guns should never even be considered banned. They are a huge part of America and to take that away would be taking away history, you just cant do that. There are other options for cutting down on crime, like really stiff penalties for those that can not follow the law. Criminals are not scared of the law, they get a slap on the wrist and walk away free. Thats why there is so much crime not because there are so many guns. One will not walk off a cliff because they know the consequence is death, but one will go out and shoot someone because they know their consequence most likely will not be death so there is nothing to lose. Thats the problem, not the guns. Guns do not scare people, getting shot is what scares people. A gun alone will not get up and shoot someone without a person behind it, so its the crazy people they should be more afraid of. Just my opinion. Anyways, I am going to read some gun magazines now, its been well over 24 hours since I have seen my new 'family'. :)

MissD,
Welcome to the NRA! Great post. Really made my week.

Jeff, when you run for President after your successful term in the Senate, ya got my vote ;)

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

Well Miss D. After reading your second post I
am sure that you are a fellow gun nut! Welcome aboard! If you guy's ever let her go rock and roll you had better teach her the joys of reloading or the art of importing ammo!
The very best to you!
Hank

Miss D,

I sent you an email the other day wishing you luck, but it looks like you didn't need it! I am so excited for you and also a little bit jealous: you got to shoot the revered AR! Not fair, but I'm real proud of you for overcoming your fear. Next, you'll have to come down to BigD, Jedi and I would love to shoot some lead with you. So, what's gonna be your first purchase?

Jeff,

care to donate some of that arsenal of yours to some needy people? HINT: I need more guns! ;) What is that Walther THP?

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

HAL, people at the show were teasing me about being a Senator. They were trying to give me a promotion. I am actually running for the House of Representatives. I won't be running for President until after 2008. I will probably still be single, I hear that being President is a great way to meet girls.

The Council wishes much success for you. You have attained the status of Padawan Learner, but you have much study and training ahead before a Jedi you will be.

I volunteer to instruct you in the fine art of the lightsabre. It is an elegant weapon, but your blaster will stand you in good stead as well. Obi-Wan apparently never knew the satisfaction of putting 5 shots into the 'X' if he thought they were too "clumsy and random".

;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;)

------------------
Lady Justice has been raped, truth assassin;
Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in;
Their money tips her scales again, make your deal;
Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel.

The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe, I can't believe the price we pay- nothing can save us
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone
Pulling your strings,Justice is done...
Seeking no truth, winning is all,
Find it so grim, so true, so real....

If it isna Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

Yes, young apprentice, let the "Dark Side" consume your thoughts... it can be quite overwhelming can it not? mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ok OK, I'm delirious...I'm going to bed...

Mmmmm guns, mmmm shooting....

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

" ... like really stiff penalties for those that can not follow the law ..." ;) What a concept. ;) Miss D, get with the program here - don't you know all those BG's are just misunderstood?

Glad to hear you had a great time, and that you had such a terrific instructor. And, your aim will improve, don't worry.

Regards from AZ

Miss D, I just wanted to let you, and everyone else, know that the very first gun that you ever shot had a stock made by a company owned by one of the regular posters at TFL. Gale McMillan's company built the stock (a Kevlar Anschutz style) on the Olympic X-ring. The all black rifle that you shot all in the black with at 50 feet. The stock is made for the Ruger 10/22 action and for those of you who are building up a target or hunting gun I can highly recommend this stock. It is of the highest quality. This is my first McMillan stock but won't be my last.

Jeff,
Sorry my bad. I forgot you were running for Rep. The part about my vote for Pres is accurate though. This whole story shows what a good man(person) in the right position, using the right stuff, can accomplish. Putting the issue of guns aside for a moment. MissD had a lot of preconcieved notions about a subject based only on the media and propaganda machine. What you did was an example of what we should all do. Keep a cool head and hammer the facts. Back to the guns: I love the part of this story where MissD is exposed to the truth behind the assualt weapon ban. It just proves that people in the position to determine our lives base their decisions on just so much crap.
Good job Sir on being another Burr in Brady's saddle!

So MissD, when ya gonna start reloading? ;)
Cleaning guns is a lot of fun also. LOL! It gives you a chance to admire the precision that goes into one. Even the lowly Lorcin is a true work of art up close.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

It is truly appropriate that MissD be formally recognized as the Poster Child of this Forum, having made the transition from Rosiedarkness into Richlight.
As I speak it, let it be so.

(Of course this would require a few obligatory amens etc.)

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back