I am about to buy kel tec p-11. Any last thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Shortfuse and George F, and to any other grumpy people out there as well. :)

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Shortfuse:

If you're really *that* sensitive to or concerned about recoil, your best bet is to find someone who has one and test fire it for yourself. Recoil is subjective, and taking anyone else's word about the experience will, ultimately, be meaningless for you.

I shoot a lot, with a wide variety of handguns. I don't think the recoil is noticeably different than most 9mms (unless the 9mm is a very heavy gun.) But perhaps I've become USED to recoil in ways that someone who shoots less has not.

Find out for yourself. That's the only way to do it if you are really concerned!

Guys! SETTLE IT DOWN NOW.
This is not acceptable.
We will not see anymore of this.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

a 9mm in a mini sized pistol will not any big deal. if you can shoot any gun you should be able to shoot a 9mm. if you cant, maybe you should stick with the .22 target pistols.

Get the keltec if you havent already. if you cant deal with the recoil ill buy it.

------------------
TIM : )

These are the firearms I have owned:

Colt 1911 .45acp
Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum
Taurus .357 Magnum
Kahr K40 .40cal (I carry daily)
Glock G26 9mm
Colt trooper .22lr
Astra constable .22lr
Mossberg (12 gauge) pump pistol grip
Smith & Wesson semi-auto (12ga.) M-1000
Ruger mini-14 stainless steel .223

These are the ones that I have fired but not owned.

A full-auto Ingram Mac-10 (.45acp)
Marlin 30-06 lever rifle
FAL sniper rifle .308
Desert Eagle .44 magnum

I am not a novice , "a baby" or "deaf person". Nor do I need a "water pistol" or a ".22lr".

It's nice when people ass-u-me that because I ask a "simple question" that I must be a novice.

All 9mm's do NOT recoil the same , WEIGHT is a huge factor in RECOIL. (Titanium j-frames)

I do not own & have not fired a Keltec P11. At "14 ounces" it has to be punishing. Similar to a titanium j-frame. If I ask repeatedly about the recoil it is because I want multiple input from as many shooters as possible.

[This message has been edited by SHORTFUSE (edited November 26, 1999).]

I don't get paid enough to be the "Kindergarten Cop".
Sufficient info has been exchanged.
End of discussion.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back