Hunting season already over!

taylorce1 said:
Got some new hardware to wear for the next 6-12 weeks. Say hello to roboleg!
Man, that sucks. The physical therapy will be the worst (and likely longest) part of recovery.

Crankylove said:
That sucks.

I fell your pain, kinda.

I got 3/4 of a day of elk hunting in this year before my brothers and wife did a little tag team rally driving getting me off the mountain and into a hospital..

Acute pancreatitis, Diabetic Keto-acidosis, and a kidney infection put an end to my hunt.

Looks like your recovery will take a bit longer than mine, hope it goes well, with no complications.
It was good times.

We should do it again some t.....
No. Let's not. Let's never do that again.
Being on the outside, trying to figure out what's going on with someone else's body, when even they aren't sure what's up, while you're at least 1.5 hours from a hospital, is not much fun.

I'm just glad that everyone mentioned in this thread was able to, or is in the process of recovering.

Had the hardware removed on Thursday, and was released from hospital on Saturday afternoon. During surgery the Dr's found I had a nerve running between one of the breaks and it was probably the main cause of the majority of the pain is was feeling these last few weeks. They were able to maneuver the nerve out from between the bones without any further damage to it.

Dr's told my wife that the nerve had sustained some damage but would heal up in 2-3 weeks. However if we had waited another week for surgery the bone probably would have closed up around it. Already the pain is a lot more manageable than before, and there are a lot fewer muscel spasms. Though the did harvest some bone graft and marrow from my right femur as well, so now my whole leg hurts, not just the lower portion.

I have a new picture of the hardware, it'll be tough at airport security!

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Alwas amazes me how those x-rays look like a couple of country boys got some beeer, pocket full of screws and scraps, and an impact driver and re-assembled the parts.

Glad the pain is better. You will be back amongst it in no time.

Steel add-ons in one's precious bod make for a new talent: Predicting that the weather will change. :) With steel behind a buddy's right bicep, he could always know when an afternoon thunder shower was coming.

I could predict the weather for several years after I broke my ankle. It eventually quit hurting with increased barometric pressure.

Back