Hunting season already over!

Well that sucks sweaty gonads... but you should be patched up in time for pheasants or at least spring turkeys. If I shoot a few, I'll send you some meat. Get well soon.

Have someone bring a few rifles up to the room so you can dry fire them, and get you one of those Wii systems with a hunting game and the toy rifle.

Talked with the orthopaedic surgeon today and a full recovery isn't probably in the cards. They think the best option is to fuse the ankle to prevent arthritis and long term chronic pain.

I'd get a second opinion. Your fracture looks exactly like mine and my orthopedist put me back together with sixteen screws and two plates. I don't have quite the flexibility I had before but I can walk and run normally.

Good luck to you.

Agreed, certain O.S. are much more aggressive than others. When my shoulder got messed up, I used an O.S. who does shoulder repairs for college and Pro football players.

Praying for your leg to heal properly and have a speedy recovery. Here I am with a torn Labrum in my shooting shoulder and I'm worried about missing hunting season...you just gave me some perspective. Good Luck

I am sorry that this happened to you. It must have been very painful. Get well soon, and be a good patient. Good patients do as they are told, and avoid problems down the road. I was not a good patient, and I paid the price.

Pain meds can be a problem as well. The worst part for me was the the disrupted sleep cycles. Try to keep your nights your nights, and your days your days.

I really enjoyed shooting my air rifle when my leg was healing. Lots of fun,got me out in the yard and cheap since times were hard. I would crutch hooble to the ATV,throw the casted leg up on the front rack a cruise around.

Not to TMI you,but cleaning ones rump is tough to do right after #2. You will figure it out though. Good luck.

Not to TMI you,but cleaning ones rump is tough to do right after #2. You will figure it out though. Good luck.

LOL! No kidding, sometimes after a #2 it's straight to the shower. Narcotics and stool softeners can make things quite sticky back there. Might have to get a fancy French butt washer installed in the house.

I understand....

Bought a boat in December, anticipating a spring / summer / fall of boating fun this year.

Broke my leg May 15 (just before taking the boat out of winter storage)... bicycle accident.

I feel your pain, hang in there...

Got some new hardware to wear for the next 6-12 weeks. Say hello to roboleg!

1445035642.jpg

1445035592.jpg

That sucks.

I fell your pain, kinda.

I got 3/4 of a day of elk hunting in this year before my brothers and wife did a little tag team rally driving getting me off the mountain and into a hospital..

Acute pancreatitis, Diabetic Keto-acidosis, and a kidney infection put an end to my hunt.

Looks like your recovery will take a bit longer than mine, hope it goes well, with no complications.

Back