How would you and your significant other handle an intruder?

In case of fire or smoke me and the wife are kinds screwd we have a 2 story town home so i keep a fire extinquesher <---thats not spelled right at all) and if i can not get the fire out or the smoke is to much to even deal with that we plan on a going out to the window to the roof of the proch. From window to porch roof is only about 1 foot and from roof to ground it is 9 or 10 feet, it would not be fun but better than burning to death. In case of intruder hopfuly i would here them downstairs and i would stand at the top of my stairs with my special home defence Remington 870 i have "tactical light folding stock for easy underbed storage and loaded with some nice little 00buckshot". I would give them one warning to get the hell out and give the oll skatergun a pump and if that did not scare them away i reken that they would be compleat phycopaths and i would fear for my life.

I would add that if we did not have a daugher in another area of the house, I would not go clear the house. I would barricade in the bedroom and call out to the intruder and wait for the police.

Structure clearing should be done with 2 people, at minimum.

Couples Class

Brett;
We are going to the class. I downloaded the application for the wife and I. I downloaded also for another couple that might attend. My wife will have completed the NRA Pistol 1 course by Wednesday. She already shoots well with the Advantage Arms 22lr adapter on one of my Glocks.
Mike and Carol

Fortunately, my wife and I have worked this out. The apartment we live in has two bedrooms upstairs where everyone sleeps. The only way to get to the bedrooms is up the stairs. My wife grabs our oldest son from his bedroom by going through the bathroom that connects the two bedrooms (so as not to expose herself to anyone coming up the stairs). I grab the Sig 228 and cover the stairs, loudly telling anyone in the house to leave while she calls the cops from the bedroom closet with the kids. The police station is only about 4 blocks from our house, so we should get a response pretty soon. It helps, however, knowing that there is only one position I would have to defend in my home, and that the BG would be facing 15 rds of Gold Dots from a very bad tactical position for him.

Drop-Shot Every one knows I answer the door with a 9mm with frangibles and never open the door first after dark.We have breakins by just walking through an open door.Every one knows to call first cause I will shoot.Drop-Shot
I'm trying to figure out what you are saying here. At night if someone doesn't call before they come over then knocks at the door you will shoot? :confused:

Back