How to CCW a sword

A few times in high school, I needed to bring a sword to a friend's house without aid of a vehicle...

Attatched is a picture of yours truly. :cool:

I just want to note a couple of things:
- Matching colors of the sword/scabbard with your clothing helps.
- Make sure the sword's the right length, so when you sit down, your "knee" doesn't jut out several inches (remember, this rig was made for walking, not riding a subway.)
- Don't worry too much about people noticing. I find that at least in Canada, most people simply WILL NOT believe they just noticed someone carrying a sword. :D
- Walk normally... even if you have the end of a sword strapped to your knee. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, that it's been a long time since I've done this (as among other things, wandering with a sword is a bad idea.) And I'm not saying you should carry a sword around, but if you want to, I find this works well. In Canada, AFAIK, it's legal to carry a sword (by mere virtue that it's not specifically illegal) but concealing it I believe was illegal. I just didn't want to unneccesarily panic anyone.

Attachments

• hide_a_sword.jpg
    hide_a_sword.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 85
true Night Crawler. but we had to do SOMETHING... we didn't want to go back covered in blue....

of course, if it had been a REAL minefield.. we would have stopped, radioed back to Ottawa for instructions, waited for the Minister of Defence to make up his Political mind (We can do even better with another 35% cut to the Military budget), then off to DND Mobile Command to make up there minds, (we didn't need mine detectors OR bayonnets), then beg the US Army for some "Loaners" (Bless them all) and then clear the way.

Back