How often do you shoot?

Once or twice a week, 800- 1,000 rounds a month (thats why I finally bought a 9mm, .40 and .380 was pricey)

45gunner

I've looked into buying 1,000 + rounds at a time and havent really found any deals worth mentioning. However one LGS had a 30% off (30 year anny) so I picked up 1,000 rounds of .40 for 11.20/50 and some .380 for around 12/50

When my "Ammo Purchasing Club" buys, we pool together several thousand dollars which gives us some negotiating power. We have found our best deals with a particular seller that makes the gun show circuit in our area every couple of months. We usually fill the back of a pick up truck with the amount of ammo we purchase.

After running the numbers, we feel that at the current price of ammo, we will be much better off reloading. Back in the days when a case of .45 ACP was $180, it really wasn't cost effective to reload, in our opinion. Now with ammo more than twice that price and higher, we had to reconsider our options given the amount of ammo we shoot.

2 or 3 times a week, 50 or so rounds per session. I'm fortunate to have some land outside of town and can shoot whenever my schedule permits.

I try to go once a week. Sadly, this doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I shoot about 100-150 .223, 100 9mm, 100-150 .22LR and run a few clips through the Garand when I go. I wish I had the time to go more often, but such is life.

I hardly go to the range any more. Slow-fire bullseye shooting prepares you for...... slow-fire bullseye shooting. If I want to test or improve my skills, I shoot some IDPA or similar, or better yet take a class. The only thing I go to a conventional shooting range for is to test a new weapon/mag/accessory before an important match or something.

Last edited:
Once a week, alternating between 300 rds. of .223 rifle outdoors at 100-300 yds. one week, and 200 rds. of indoor pistol (100 9mm-100 .45acp) another week.

I don’t shoot often enough, that’s for sure. 10 to 12 times a year. It used to be 40 to 45 times a year, 100 rounds per session. That’s when I had solid employment. Now I’m either working weekends or unemployed and can’t justify the expense. When I do get to the range now a days, I make the best of it. Usually 5+ hours, with an average of 400 rounds fired. Around 200 .22LR and 200 center fire. I switch every other time, handguns and then rifles.

I go at least once a week most times. Was not shooting near as much over the past couple of months seeing as how temps were in the triple digits by 10 am when the range opened.

Now that it has finaly cooled off I am starting to make up for the lost time.:D

shooting

Once a week for skeet. Once a weekend for rifle (when Im not hammered with chores). Starting soon, as often as possible for steel shooting.

Back