How much gear do you wear for the day?

Doug.38PR

How many weapons, speedloaders, magazines, etc. do you all carry in ordinary day to day activities?
For me I normally carry one four inch revolver on my hip or shoulder holster with 2-4 speedloaders on my belt/shoulder pouch and pocket. Sometimes I will also carry a backup detective special in my left pocket with 2 speedloaders replacing 2 of the main revolver speedloaders. And I have a small pocketknife (but that's not really a weapon to me...of course government oriented buiding officials freak out at the sight of toenail clippers so I generally leave it in the car when going into metal detector clogged buildings)

I have seen people going around with a .45 acp, 4 magazines, 4 knives in their pockets and waistbands and I think maybe a backup gun.

So How loaded down do you all stay?

My "normal" day to day carry is my Bersa .380, loaded with 8 Gold Dots, and 1 extra mag of 7 Gold Dots.

I've also got a small pocket knife (Buck 503U), an original Leatherman on my belt, and a keychain Leatherman Mini. I really don't consider any of them to be real weapons, though. They are there for more utilitiarian purposes.

--------------------

Oh, yah, I forgot to add in the cell phone -- Nokia

Other misc. non-weapon stuff I've always got on me: Glasses (worn), watch (worn), keys, comb, wallet, fingernail clippers, roll of Roll-Aids, and an old DMT knife sharpener.

Last edited:
I use to carry my Kahr p9 in an IWB holster form Don Hume and a spare mag in a bianchi IWB holster with my spyderco "police issues" pocketknife. Recently I have just been carrying my Glock 26 in a soft IWB holster form Uncle Mike and my spyderco "police issue" pocket knife, since the Glock carries more in the mag than the kahr p9.

Not much:

1 Kimber pro-carry, seven in the mag, one in the chamber
1 backup mag w/ seven rounds
1 Benchmade Mini-Reflex auto
1 Sony Ericsson cell

I figure that this should be enough... until the giant spiders and the zombies then I may add the .223 and/or the 7.62 ;) (:p )

Wayne

99.9% of the time, my carry is:

Kimber Eclipse Ultra
2 spare mags
Crkt M16-12LE
Surefirre C3
Cellphone

I normally carry a Glock 19 IWB with two spare mags in a Fobus paddle holster.

If I will be driving a lot, or if I may need to remove the Glock (mostly for concealment issues in a sport coat), I will also carry my S&W 637 in a pocket holster in my coat or cargo pocket (depending on what I am wearing).

what I carry

I assume you are not interested in the contents of my purse, LOL :D

I have gotten away from carrying a gun in my purse because it's heavy carried that way, whereas I don't even notice it when it's on me. So it's my Bersa .380, with about 6-7 JHP in it, two extra magazines similarly loaded, my little cheapie knife that I traded hubster for when my other cheapie knife was too hard to close (the lockback thingy was really hard to push). Glasses, and a working cell phone always.

Of course, a woman's purse constitutes a deadly weapon in its own right if swung with enough force.

Springmom

I can't yet carry a handgun yet (I'm not 21). But my day to day carry involves my Gerber knife, Surefire G2 light, Gerber Multi-tool, and my cell phone. That's about it until I can can own a handgun.

The official bat belt is:

1. One full size gun and at least one extra mag.
2. One bug with one reload
3. Two knives
4. OC
5. Cell phone
6. Surefire or similar flashlight
7. Back up Photon light or similar LED
8. Rocket pack (:p ) - and beautiful lady spy.

Some add an ASP, a multi-tool, etc. The former is illegal in TX and the latter is too practical for a warrior. :D One can add some type of firestarter if you really get into it and fishing line and ...

Actually, I can do 1-7 fairly easily.

Colt 1991 A-1 compact two spare mags,bench made CQC7,and if i'm any where there is big dogs a can of SABRE red defense spray plus a surefire light

Rapier144:

My golden retriever LOVES cayenne and red peppers. She licks up spilt cayenne pepper from the floor. We're talking several teaspoons, maybe 1/4 of a cup.

After seeing that, I have absolutely no faith in pepper sprays stopping dogs or other animals. We literally shocked the dog trainer with this: we mixed up a batch of cayenne pepper and vaseline to put on the driplines in the backyard (she was digging them up and chewing on them). She licked the vaseline/pepper mixture from a spoon as eager as could be, and kept coming back for more!

I carry a .357 sp101 on dog walks. I've seen coyotes twice in my neighborhood, and don't want my dogs getting bit. If the dogs are leashed and the coyote comes closer, it's not just an assault on my dogs; it's an assault on me too and I can shoot.

I'm getting ready to start daily carry, but I'm thinking of a walther ppk or keltec P32. No spare mags, probably. I want my carry weapon to be as unobtrusive as possible and very small. If SHTF, I hope the one mag and my brains will be enough to either resolve the situation or get me back to my truck where a bigger, better gun awaits.

My neighbor had two pit bulls in a fight and couldn't get them apart . I sprayed them with sabre red they stopped immediately i know for a fact that it works.It stopped them in their tracks. They seperated and took off i thought they was never coming back. Sabre red has CS tear gas and pepper in it

I have seen people going around with a .45 acp, 4 magazines, 4 knives in their pockets and waistbands and I think maybe a backup gun.
What, were you peeking in the bedroom window when I was getting dressed?

Actually, I only carry a double reload for the Commander, three knives and a leatherman, and a reload for the 642. :)

One J frame revolver.
One Swiss Army knife.
One cell phone.
One set of keys.

If I don't drive, no keys. I try to forget the phone as often as possible.

I can't imagine why anyone would carry so much stuff around with them, but horses for courses I s'pose.

I carry a 1911a1 in an Askins Avenger, two spare mags and a Brinkman Maxfire. Sometimes its the Makarov in a Fobus roto-holster and one reload, with the same light.

H&K fullsize USP 9 with extra mag
H&K compact USP 9 with extra mag or
Star Ultrastar with extra mag.

Once in awhile a Taurus 617 with one speedloader.

i carry my px04 storm i have a pouch that holds a scorpian light my knife and 1 mag. or i take out the light and put 2 mags in it and throw the light in a pocket. i sometimes just throw an extra mag in a pocket.

ROTFL, azredhawk!

If you're going to be letting that dog eat peppers, you'd better add some anti-gas medicine for the dog to your "always carry" list. If I let Jackson and Pippin eat that stuff, their, um, posterior emissions would peel that paint off the walls! :barf:

Springmom, holding her nose at the very thought! :D

Mine varies by appointments/schedule and where I am heading. Anywhere from a 2" to 6" 38/357 revolver to a 1911/BHP or even a Colt 1908 vest pocket. I do carry two knives, a turnip pocket watch, keys that can be utilized as weapons, cell phone and medical alert large wallet card.

Right now, Para Nite Tac LDA .45, Orig. Leatherman, Maglite Solitaire. Oh, and that electronic-leash of a cellphone.

I keep a spare mag when I'm out & about, and I'll add the M6 if it's dark, but then my inner Batman starts making me feel a little weird .... and my pants wanna fall off...

Back