How much ammo next door makes you nervous?

"I have about 20,000 rounds....so......"

Hell, I think I have more than that in just .22!
It would make me nervous if my neighbor got jealous of my stash!

I'd be just fine seeing pallets stacked 8 feet high and 30 feet deep in my neighbors' garages.
Ammo doesn't worry me.

Heck, I'd probably be pretty excited to see that much ammo, and make an excuse to get to know them better. :D

I would really have a tough time living in a place and nobody had any ammo or limited ammo.
The neighbors I do know that reload makes me fill good about living here.

If having a neighbor with lots of ammo makes someone nervous, it's not me that would be nervous, it would be my neighbors. ;)

Side note: My neighbor across the street is a firefighter. I told him which room I keep my guns, ammo and reloading components in, and informed him that if that room is on fire, stay out.

I am concerned that my surrounding neighbors are not well armed or stocked as I am. They know I love to shoot a lot and am afraid that they will ask if I could spare a few bullets during the zombie attack.

For myself, it really depends on the neighbor. If I was considering this one guy a couple houses down, the answer would be "any number greater than one." Not that he's dangerous, he's just not very bright. He actually described to me his method for cleaning his guns while they're loaded. About as sharp as a bag of wet hair . . .

After reading the replies, I thought about our only nextdoor neighbor.
Right now I think the answer is 1 round, they don’t seem to be gun friendly.
Maybe we can slide them into some ballistic therapy and change that.

I've met people I wouldn't trust with a sharp stick, let alone a single round of ammo.

Otherwise, it's not an issue. It turns out that outside of a gun, modern ammo isn't particularly dangerous, even if it's on fire and cooking off.

SAAMI made a very interesting video about it if you have 25 minutes.

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c

Anything less than 1000 rounds makes me nervous.:eek: might be a controller...

If it spills out the doors and windows, I don’t like that either.....no reason to be boisterous!

No body is saying anything about antique ammo that contains true Black Powder. I know of a number of people that shoot silhouette and use black powder reloads and are very responsible to stay with in the local laws on amount and storage.

1 round.

Seriously, unless the person is storing large quantities of ammo loaded with black powder, it's not a concern.

Some of my neighbors would probably have a stroke if they knew how much loaded ammo, powder, and primers I have in my basement.

None of it makes me nervous. What makes me nervous is someone sticking their nose into my stuff, getting nervous about what the THINK might happen, and then demanding that the government DO SOMETHING so they don't feel nervous anymore.
My sentiments EXACTLY 44... had a house guest a while back that got nervous when he found out how much ammo I had stored in the basement (all in ammo cans). Concerned about "explosions" if there was a fire... nonsense like that. I showed him a video on the subject that seems to alleviate his fears a bit, but as has been said many times in this forum, most people don't really want the truth, or facts. Their minds are set.

That said... it's absolutely nobodies business how many guns or how much ammo I have. Other than folks on this forum, who don't know me or exactly where I live (Pennsylvania is a huge state), only my closest friends even know I have a gun collection with ammo to match.

I am likely to be more nervous if my neighbors did not have any ammo in their house in that it may indicate that they are anti-gun people.

Once it's spilling outta the chimney and windows, then I might be concerned for their safety as a matter of a cluttered home. Other than that, I have no problem.

Back