how many people know you carry?

Of those that actually know me, about 15 or 20 know I carry. I like my friends to know, since I will respect their wishes to leave it locked in the car if they desire it. Never know someones true feelings til they say, "You brought a GUN into my HOUSE?":rolleyes: Hasn't happened to me yet, but it's happened to a few I know.

probably 8-10 know I have a permit, however, only my wife and I know when I'm carrying, the exception being at the range where I tend to open carry for convenience

I know about 15 to 20 who are licensed CCW holders in my part of town, including a dozen folks in my handgun safety course. The rest I've met at gun stores, sporting goods stores, and at church. As for me, perhaps every other person knows I carry because some soccer mom at the license office told everyone else....women talk. I'll leave that to your imagination on how that turned out!

4-6 (plus instructors and class group, FFL, references used to get CCW) know I have a permit. Only I know when I carry.

In my opinion, too many people know that I carry. I really don't care for the majority of people to know that I do. My 5 closest friends know that I ALWAYS carry and one of them yapped their jaws a little too much at my part time job. :( One more thing, I came into a friend group of regularly about 5-8 people over 2 years ago and not a single one of them know till this day. :D

Nobody KNOWS if I carry, if I am doing my part to conceal a pistol correctly, to include even my wife, unless she puts her arm around my waist now and then.

My son made the mistake of bragging to some of his buds that I was licensed to carry, but after we had a serious discussion about that, he is perfectly clear about the need for secrecy.

So, put me down for 0 knowing.

Not too many folks know that I carry (probably less than six), and I like it that way. A few people at work also know I have a CPL (unfortunately I am prohibited from carrying at work).

wow, necro post...

see post #20.
BTW, my fiancee is now my wife.
Nothing much else has changed between then and now :)

Last edited:
Back