How many of you CCW two guns at once?

How many guns do you carry?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparks2112

So, how many guns do you carry and how? Also which guns.

Lately I've been carrying my Glock 21SF at 3 o clock in a cheap suede IWB holster while my Minotaur is being made. A 2 inch taurus 9mm snubby has been riding x-draw at about 10:30 in an old leather IWB holster that's been around god knows how long.

How about you guys?

One gun, a Steyr M40A1 - 10+1 .40 S&W semi. If I carried more, it'd be a spare mag or a pocket gun like the Keltec P32. I'm in a small-mid sized Southern city and there's just not that much threat here.

Lately (last 6 moths or so) I've been carrying my Kahr PM9 IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 and my NAA .22 Mag in a inside the pocket holster. It has a pouch for extra ammo and I carry an extra magazine for the Kahr in my hip pocket.

Back in the old days I carried a full size 1911 IWB, a j-frame .38 Sp in an ankle holster and a .25 Auto in my front pocket. :)

100_0477.jpg

SS-2_large.jpg

hptm1.JPG

Last edited:
I guess two, although the NAA Mini-Revolver scarcely counts. In terms of "real" guns, usually only one, preferably OWB. If I've already got a P-3AT in an ankle holster (because sometimes that's the most that can be reasonably concealed), I'll usually leave it on after I change and add on a 1911 or BHP.

I'm gonna quote Brian Zins:

Pick a gun. learn it. Stick with it.

In case people don't know who Brian Zins is, he's a retired USMC Gunny Sgt who this year, at Camp Perry one this NINTH (as in 9th) National Pistol Championship.

As I type this I have a 3" GP100 IWB behind the strongside hip. Behind the weakside hip is a 2 1/4" SP101 in a Kramer MSP Paddle. In my weakside front pocket is a 442. The strongside pocket holds 2 reloads in "slow-strips".

My minimum is two guns, and I prefer three. The reason is so that I can have a gun accessable to either hand because I do not know what hand I will have available to draw with. I also do not know what position I will find myself in when I need a gun. Thus I carry more than one gun for accessability.

On Duty I carry the "issued" Autoloader but on my time I have no problem carrying a Revolver, and in fact prefer them for most things. I may "switch it up" next year and carry a Glock 19/26 combo, but I doubt I'll give up my J-Frame.

Biker

Occasionally 2 guns. Most often one gun and a reload.

If it's 2, it's either a Ruger P345 or Ruger SP101 IWB at 4:00 and an LCP in the weakside front pocket.

Just one, the Kahr PM9 most of the year.

Occasionally a Kahr P45 or 3" 1911.

Usually one reload, but not always...(yeah, I know :))

Just one, rarely any reloads. If I can wear a jacket, possibility of reloads goes up, but I don't see a need for a second weapon for everyday carry.

PT145 in a smartcarry. If I ever feel 10+1 of .45ACP JHP isn't enough, I'll find another place to live and work.
I guess though that's equivalent to 2 revolvers though ;)
Add a backup mag and it counts for 4 wheels !

Just one, my trusty .45 semi-auto that I am most proficient with. I do carry at least 1 extra magazine. I really don't see the need for 2-3 guns, mace, asp, maglite, ect. No need to be a walking arsenal. If I can't solve the SELF DEFENSE issue with 16 rounds of .45, I guess I'm in trouble.

Remember, its for self defense, not to hold off a small army. :rolleyes:

I don't really understand the reasoning for carrying more than one gun (especially 3?!?). Honestly, unless you are in the military or are a leo of some kind, I can't imagine a situation that would warrant 2 or 3 carry guns. Can someone point out a documented case were a citizen was forced to fire more than one gun LEGALLY in a self defense case?
If anything, I would think that carrying 3 guns and mace and a couple knives and a baton (just in case :rolleyes: ) would be detrimental to your case if you ever had to actually use your weapon.
It seams to me that if you had to go up in front of a jury, many would wonder why on earth someone would need to carry around that much firepower, unless they were looking to start trouble (and that would be a reasonable question too..)
So, if your primary carry gun seems insufficient to you, why don't you just replace it with one that fits your needs better?

kraigwy, as a Marine formerly on active duty I respect what the Gunny has accomplished. I also find merit in his opinion on learning and knowing your firearm. That being said, a revolver is a revolver. There are many options out there in full-size, compact and subcompact versions of weapons with the same controls. I'd say its most important to select your equipment properly and train with it.
I remember a story about a guy laying out a bunch of custom fighting knives in front of a martial arts honcho and asking his opinion of em'. He said they were all very nice but it was the warrior wielding them that made the difference.
I've toted a K frame revolver for work with a J frame BUG. Its a system to me. I trained with both. When my 642 comes in I'll carry it in addition to my N frame. Slipping that little shooter into an offside pants pocket won't cause me to grow a humpback (The Mountain Gun has that privilege :D) and at most will displace some spare change. For ME, its more than worth it and I'm thankful that these tools are available.

2 Primary is Springfield XD 9mm Service and secondary is a Ruger LCP 380.

About multiple weapons, I read in a magazine that those have been used against some people in self defense cases but the defendent was able to justify it because of round count. LEO carries 16 in gun and 2 spare mags that equals 48 total. This guy carried 3 guns that IIRC only totaled 36 rounds.

Thus the Rambo mantra was left alone.

Glock27 and a Smith 642 as a BUG. Sometimes a Kel Tec P32 as a BUG if the wife takes my 642. :rolleyes: Reloads for each. ;) Why a BUG? Mr. Murphy has visited me more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back