How many of you carry alternative means of defense?

What do you carry for defense?

• I only carry my gun.

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • I carry my gun and another nonlethal item.

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I only carry a nonlethal item.

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
Lets see. On my person. Always a knife. Always a cell phone. Usually Streamlight.
Always a streamlight scorpion if I'm carrying my gun.

If I'm in my vehicle, 870, 45-70, OC, large mag light, Other pistols. Winchester expandable baton.

Most important weapon as expressed earlier is your brain. Knowing when to get the hell out and when to fight. Get some training is unarmed self defense. It's not hard. Know what to do when the bad guy has a gun and you don't. What are the odds of someone robbing you and already having their gun out? Do you think you can draw your weapon and shoot him before he can pull the trigger? There are othe options.

Get the Edge.

P229 in .357SIG and a long-carried Benchmade automatic.

Regards,
Rabbit.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. - Henry Kissenger, New York Times Magazine, June 1, 1969.

While in PRNJ, *all* of my means are "alternative"

Fox keychain OC. Minimag if I'm expecting to be out in the dark. Shillelagh-like walking stick at certain select times and places.

Emerson Commander in case above fails.

- pdmoderator

I usually carry 2 handguns, a ASP pepper spray key chain and 2 knives. In regards to use--knives daily, guns displayed 3 times-pulled numerous, pepper spray pulled numerous--used 3 times-two not so friendly dogs and one racoon that wouldnt get the hint.

I just got home a few minutes ago and emptied my pockets:

H&K Compact .40 165 Golden Sabers x 11
Cold Steel Recon 1
OC spray
Cell Phone

HS/LD

One of my alternative means of defense is: full size 1911 and 2 spare mags. But on Saturday I get my J-Frame so I'll be carrying a "Chicago Combination". My other alternative means of defense are a CRKT Carson M-16 and a 21" ASP. I carry the ASP on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights when I have a good chance of encountering hostile persons under the influence. Add to all this a decent amount of unarmed skill and I feel alright. But all of these things are just secondary to my primary: my gray matter.

Back