How many of you are carrying a BUG.?

By all means carry a second gun if you like.

However, I think it's funny how people devote so much time and thought towards the self defense aspect of self preservation and yet don't give a second thought to poor diet and no exercise. No good surviving a gunfight just die of a heart attack the following week.

By all means carry a second gun if you like.

However, I think it's funny how people devote so much time and thought towards the self defense aspect of self preservation and yet don't give a second thought to poor diet and no exercise. No good surviving a gunfight just die of a heart attack the following week.

yes, a lot of fat people carry guns for self defense. but if they kick the bucket from a heart disease et cetera.... at least it was self induced and on their own terms, instead of at the hands of a criminal. :p

Let's stay on topic. Discussing a bug is for the specific risks involved in gun fights.

It's not to discuss heart disease or how having kids drives you crazy or why you should have a cat.

I do not carry a BUG.

I have never put the effort into training with two guns.

I my mind i would have to train extensively ,especially for retention of two handguns.
For now i will remain a one gun guy.

Footslogger, many people that carry a BUG or second gun do so in a manner that weapon retention is "almost" not needed. I say this because the mode of carry for such guns makes them slow to access (comparatively).

I fail to see what is so funny. I'm speaking about life and death tactics here. So please, enlighten me, what is so funny?

The notion that three guns is "the bare minimum" is laughable. How many is optimum? I think that a case can be made for a backup. Several makes no sense. Please enlighten me regarding the tactical necessity and efficacy of a civilian carrying four or more guns for self-defense.

I don't carry 3 guns, but to speak towards efficacy, for some, a NY reload is faster.

I, personally, have yet to master manipulating one manual of arms, its retention, much less three.

Whether or not it is necessary, I'm assuming, is futile to discuss. Ya never know.

I have spent a lot of money over the years trying to find a comfortable carry method for just one gun. However, if one could stand the financial, training, and discomfort burden, what downside could there be, tactically speaking.

I don't carry a BUG. I just carry two guns, an S&W Model 637 Airweight .38 snub in a pocket holster in my right front pocket and a Ruger LCP .380 in what looks like a cell phone case on my belt on my left side. That gives me a total of 13 shots and the ability to draw a gun with either hand. Also I can draw the .380 while seated and belted in my car.

I carry one of these. The great thing about it is that in the winter the wheels can be replaced with skiis for that "go anywhere" carry gun...

Maxim_Maschinengewehr_1910.jpg

Mike is that available in stainless? I'm afraid that if I carried that while working out sweat would damage the finish.

TailGator, even using holsters with sweat guards my carry guns get wet. I sweat like the old fat guy that I am! Toting Mike's, "go anywhere" weapon might make that worse...

Last edited:
Back