How Many Magazines You Carry for CCW.

Hi stdalire.

If I could carry my gun outside my residence ( you know the condition here in our country) I'd pack only one.
BTW, thanks for the documents.

vega

Normal CCW carry is Full 1911, 1 extra mag & Surfire 6Z. If area where I'm going to is "suspect" I'll carry one additional Mag

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

I carry a Calico 9mm with 50 rd mags. One on it (in) and five around my genital region. The chicks seem to dig it.

Joking ...

I carry 3 extra on me, and two more in the car in a little "Lumbar Pack". Only one is on my belt though. The other two are in pockets. If I can conceal them comfortably and easily in pockets, I'll carry as many as I can. I can shoot pretty well at a range, but I've never been in a firefight. I am definitely not going to use range performance in considering spare mags. If we're ever invaded by an alien species made of paper and with similar markings to that of a B-27 target, then I'll be a little more confident as to what to expect. As for now, I'd rather go home with extra unused mags than go down because of a need for one.

John Coleman

I carry a fully loaded Glock 17 with a 19-round magazine and one in the well. I keep a spare 19-rounder fully loaded wherever it is comfortable.

I always use Federal 135 grain Hydra-Shok JHP, of course in my gun's 9mm caliber.

So, 39 rounds total. SHOULD be enough... :)

------------------
Yours Truly,

Special Agent

I'm with you larry_minn.

I carry a Browning HiPower with no extra magazines. In that respect, I agree with Bob Locke: If 13 rounds isn't enough, then I'm in BIG trouble anyway & more clips won't help. (like he said, i'd need a SWAT team).

-bob

I was on 4 days leave thus I was not able to visit TFL. Wow, many react on the nos. of mags to carry. I like that, you are really prepared for an unexpected unwanted situation.

To paraphrase some words "Better to have spares and go home with still many loaded mags then being down of shortages of spares. No incident yet that carrying more mags went wrong". It is a good statements from the posters.

I am reading and feel good to know your opinions.

Thanks

Back