How Many Magazines You Carry for CCW.

stdalire

In your case, how many magazines you carry on your normal day to day task. Do you limit to carry like 2, 3, or 4.

Thanks to know your opinion in advance.

My pistol is only there so I can fight my way back to the pickup, where I have a shotgun and a way out; I generally only carry one spare magazine.

LawDog

I carry 1 spare and a couple more in the car,....along with other goodies.

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/CAMILLUS CUTLERY

Most of the time I don't carry ANY extra mags on my body. But I almost ALWAYS have at least one extra in my vehicle.

I am reading your posts and it gives me something to think of. Am I look like indifferent if I am carrying 3 mags on my waist aside of the loaded mag on my pistol.

In Philippines we are allowed to carry 50 pcs of Ammo for Carry. How about in your locality.

Thanks

stdalire:

Sssshhhuush! Don't give the anti's any ideas! ;) As far as I know, none of the US CCW laws restict how many mags/rounds you can carry. Load up the Alice with battle packs!

I carry the mag in the CCW firearm + one other.

I remember when the G17 first came out, a big point was made that with the mag in the gun and 2 others, you were carrying more than 50 rounds. IIRC, part of the reason this resonated back home (for Glock) in Austria was that they had just had a terrorist incident at an airport, the terrorists had autos, and the local constabulary responded with wheelguns and were seriously outgunned in the ensuing firefight.

JimR

I would carry 2 extra mags just in case.

1911 one mag in the gun (8) 2 extra (16)rounds is plenty
or my glock17 with 17 round mags.

I carry one 'refill' per handgun either on my person or in my vehicle. Quality, not quantity I suppose, besides I'm just trying to survive not be a local hero...

------------------
...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make...

I carry one spare mag for my Beretta and two speed loaders for a revolver.

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

Only one spare mag, on weak side. I could easily carry two spares with very good mag holder, but you should be running if you have more than you can handle with two full loads.

Johnboy

I always carry at least one spare. I've carried as many as three on occasion, but that was a bit of overkill. :)

I prefer to carry 2 spares but sometimes that's not practical.

stdalire,

What do you carry? While living in Latin America I noticed that most serious pistoleros carried at least two extra mags. Pistols ranged from WWII era HPs, SIG Sauer P226, Glock 19 & 17, CZ75 and Beretta 92FS. Here in the US most of my CCW buddies carry one spare.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Most of the time one spare mag but some times two. In the Suburban is the motherload however. :)

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I carry one extra mag with me. Gives me a total of 16 rounds of 9mm for my P239. If that's not enough, then the problem requires a SWAT team.

I carry 2 spares--Robert's story "High Noon" in Best Defense convinced me to get that third mag (1 loaded in gun, two full spares).

------------------
Whatever happened to Cincinnatus?

[This message has been edited by Ulfilas (edited January 05, 2000).]

Well I am way out of touch here. On my own time I don't carry any spare mags. "on my person" I have 7rds of .380 to use to get myself to safety. Now if for any reason "even over Y2K" The shoulder rig P-89 w/two spare hi-cap mags came out.
Before I get flamed a .380 that is always with you is better then the 45 left at home. IMHO "and Jeff Coopers"

Back