How many guns and rounds for a typical range session

Retired guy here, who got back into guns, reloading and shooting around 9 years ago.....joined a private shooting range about 25 minutes from my home.

Generally go to range about 3 days a week. Take at least 3 of my 25 or so rifles with me. Take about 15 rounds per rifle to shoot.

1 gun. More fun to spend an hour or so (indoor shooter) with 1 gun,get familiar or reacquainted with it as the case may be.

number of rds used per range session?

I typically go to the range about every two months, and fire 100 rds out of each handgun and usually bring two hand guns and one rifle

for my rifles like the M44 Mosin Nagant, I shoot 20 - 40 rds

semi auto rifles like the SKS , I fire 60 - 80 rds

probably 200 - 300 rds

Usually 2-3 guns per trip and the rounds depend on the firearm.

Bolt guns I'll rarely put more than 50 rounds through but a semi auto tends to be closer to 100.

Every Wed. morning, take 3 or 4 handguns and maybe a rifle. Shoot 50 to 100 rounds. Personal protection match monthly, 75 to 100 rounds. Shotgun, 50 rounds a week, depends on whether we have a league going.
Life is good.

Ah, Your on Long Island!

Plainview,

You wrote:
"Savage99

What a good looking family & not one a Savage!"

I looked to see where "Plainview is and it's on Long Island, NY!

We used to sail from the CT shoreline over to the great harbors on Long Island.

The Savage 99 is my favorite woods rifle. Mine in .358 Win is the one I got the most deer with.

Now due to age I am hunting closer to the car with some of the rifles above.

My 99F in 358 is still here along with other 358's. I mentioned to a customer in a gunshop that I have four 358's and he said that he had ten of them! :)

DSC00120-Copy2.jpg

Last edited:
Trip to Range

I usually plan my trips to the range especially for reload experiments.

My reload exp. are usually small 10 to 12 rounds per gun.
AND it can be I'm working with just one or several at a time.

So...I usually take another gun with me just for sight-in, practice or plinking.

Back