How many guns and other weapons do you carry? Ayoob says to carry two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear - we are going off into this debate again!

The OP should have really searched on this as it's been beaten into the ground.

Yes, most gun usages are not equipment intense. No shots fired. A small percent may be intense with gun failures, disarms, etc.

The idea is whether you want to have the extra equipment objects for the low percentage but severe consequence critical incident.

It's your decision. It's also like training, you may not need it but when in the tail of the distribution of severe critical incidents, you do.

That's why I asked the OP if he seriously trained with the hardware besides just paper punching.

It's Mister Mugger goes away or Oh, my - I'm in Mumbai!

Anybody going to say anything new? :D

Sometimes, one. Often none. Never two.

Then again, I also don't like carrying my wallet or my keys. If I carry my gun, I've got to have my wallet too - that's 2 things right there. Anything more than 3 things, and you might as well carry a purse.:D

Haha - Ken - next time in town, it's on me.

- I'm only 18, got a ruptured spleen and always carry a purse - Now where's that line from. It was about carrying rifle in the future or not.

You never know when you might need more then one pistol and I wouldnt feel safe without carrying all three on my person.

Really...........what town do you live in where the threat is THAT severe? I want to make sure i don't visit there, sounds like the zombies have already taken control........

Personally, I'd go for variety before carrying all my pistols. Let's face it, most of us don't run in to situations calling for lethal force very often! I don't know about the rest of you, but my belt and pocket space is limited. Phone, wallet, knife, keys, flashlight, pen, notebook--they get used fairly often. A pistol or two, I can see. Why carry 3 pistols and skip OC, if you are going to be lugging around that much stuff?

The amount of weapons and type carried in the United States depends upon three factors. The first factor is how much money you have. Weapons, permits, etc. cost money and are not cheap. The second factor is, of course, your local laws. The third and most important factor is the Chief at your local police department. In most states, the determining person is usually the Chief at your local department. The Chief is usually the guy who signs off on all the paperwork. In a place like Chicago, you will never ever see someone get a ccw permit. In fact, Im not sure they even exist there. However, lets say you are out somewhere in a small town in Texas or somewhere in the south where the Chief is an elected official then you will be able to carry whatever you want.

Finding places on your person to carry weapons isnt an issue and lets say you accidentally flash one of your weapons. In a place like Chicago, thats an issue, but in the ole town in Texas or someplace like that it doesnt matter since everyone is carrying anyway.

Usually one main gun.....either Glock 21,30, or 19. If two I toss my airweight in my pocket or my kel-tec P-32. I do carry a knife a Cold Steel Tanto Voyager folder or one of my Daltons or benchmades.

I reserve my AR's, 1100's and full sized fixed blade knife for the zombies.

"One is none, two is one."

LOL if 2=1 and 1=0, then 2=0.

The quote is nonsensical. Yeah, I have heard the whole spiel several times at Thunder Ranch and it is still a stupid claim. As it was explained so patiently to me, it means that if you have 2 guns and 1 goes down, you still have 1, but if you have 1 gun and it goes down, then you have no guns.

Apparently, this assumes that you can't have 2 guns go down, but if you have 2 and 1 goes down and then you only have 1, then according to the mantra, you really have none. See, nonsense.

It is a silly way to tell people to carry a spare.

How many guns you carry is also a function of where you live...most of the United States is still mostly rural areas and remote backwoods roads. The other night I traveled 30 miles along a remote road at 1am. What if I broke down along the way? Carrying 2-3 weapons gives you some piece of mind. Those who find it a little silly to carry a few weapons may want to drive along 50-100 miles of roadway where there is nothing on either side except for a few farmhouses every 10 miles or so. In these areas the cops may take a few hours to get to you even with full lights and siren going.

I will drop you out in a remote rural region of Louisiana for a few hours and then you tell me how many guns you need. People come up missing all the time in these rural areas and some of them are athletic muscular guys who just suddenly go missing. Imagine if you are an interstate truck driver who has to sleep on the side of the road or go from state to state hauling expensive loads. If you were an interstate trucker, how many guns you going to carry?

2300 people go missing in the United States each day. Now compare the missing person list with the casualty list in Afghanistan. How many guns you going to carry?

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/americas_missing/2.html

Think about why the concept of "open carry" exists in some parts of America. Open carry exists to help those out in midwest areas where they have to work out in the open or for truck drivers carrying a load along a remote highway where the police are 100s of miles away. If you drive a load through Minnesota, believe me...you want more then one weapon in the event someone hijacks the load. Driving with an expensive load in a remote area is just like wearing gold and walking around a really bad part of town.

Last edited:
The police chief has nothing to do with how many guns you carry.

Let's not post legal speculations if you don't know it to be true.
Not everyone carries in TX - if people persist in posting baloney, this is over.

Also, this one is going down the usual path.

How many guns and other weapons do you carry? Ayoob says to carry two...

I carry a gun; an SP101 or an SR9c. I sometimes carry a folding knife along with that, but not always. The only other weapons I ever carry is my brain and my body; both can be formidable weapons, especially my brain.

usaign, I respect your right to have what whatever opinion you so choose, as well as your choice in carry arms and number. However, I do find your last post to be a little sensationalist and alarmist.

Yes, we know that dangers do exist, and 99 percent of folks on this forum either carry (at least some of the time) or wish they could. But IMO your numbers are alarmist. 2300? How many of those turn up healthy and well? And let us not forget there are over 300 million people in America. Even if the 2300 number is accurate, that's just .0000076 percent of the population. Nevertheless, that is too many and we should be smart and prepare. But there is such a thing as overkill.

The amount of weapons and type carried in the United States depends upon three factors. The first factor is how much money you have. Weapons, permits, etc. cost money and are not cheap. The second factor is, of course, your local laws. The third and most important factor is the Chief at your local police department. In most states, the determining person is usually the Chief at your local department. The Chief is usually the guy who signs off on all the paperwork. In a place like Chicago, you will never ever see someone get a ccw permit. In fact, Im not sure they even exist there. However, lets say you are out somewhere in a small town in Texas or somewhere in the south where the Chief is an elected official then you will be able to carry whatever you want.

Finding places on your person to carry weapons isnt an issue and lets say you accidentally flash one of your weapons. In a place like Chicago, thats an issue, but in the ole town in Texas or someplace like that it doesnt matter since everyone is carrying anyway.

Based on your first sentence above, it seems like you came here to edu-ma-cate us. If that's the case, at least post something that resembles truth and reality, and not just what you imagine it to be.

I don't know Chicago, but I know Texas. What firearm I have on my person - and when I have it - has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the laws in the State of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back