How many different rifles do you use during a season?

I've used about 30 different calibers to hunt deer with, not all in the same season, but the end results were all the same, dead is dead

Bow season opens Oct. 15 here in Alabama and runs through Jan. I hunted with my Barnett crossbow until the muzzleloader season opened on Nov. 16. I then switched to my NEF .50 caliber muzzleloader. Regular gun season opened on Nov. 21 so at that point I switched to my NEF .30-06. I didn't kill anything with the crossbow or muzzleloader. So far I have killed a five point buck (would have been six point if he hadn't broken off part of his right antler) with the '06.
All of our seasons run through Jan. so I hope to get at least one more deer. I have been thinking I might try to knock one down with my 1873 Winchester in .38-40.

Started as a youngster with .30-30, then went 8mm Mauser and never turned back. :D

I carry either my K98 Euro sporter or Remington 700 Classic in 8mm for deer, although I've always wanted a Sako in the ~7mm bore range, which I plan to get for next season. Would also like to pickup a CZ 550 in .308.

Today was the last day of deer season down here in louisiana and I pulled my seasonal log book to mark down what was killed with which guns. Here's a list of guns used in no particular order.
H&R 35 whelen
Winchester mod 70 fw 308
Winchester mod 70 fw 7mm-08
Winchester supergrade 338 winmag
Weatherby mark V 300 weatherby mag
Remington 700 30-06
Remington 742 30-06
Browning abolt 2 300 wsm
Sako forester 243
Winchester ext weather 264 winmag
Needless to say I didn't score with each of these but they did get out atleast once. Next year I will use some others.

22 hornet for Elk? I'm a Utah boy and Ive never seen it done, not saying you can't but I wouldn't:)

Predators: 22lr, 17WSM, 223, 243

Deer and Elk: 243, 260, 270WSM, 7mm RM

well it changes every year.

last year I harvested both whitetail and elk with an AR15 in 6.5 grendel. in addition to the grendel I proceeded to hunt deer with a 6.5 swedish mauser, and an sks. turkey were hunted with a mossberg 535 shotgun and grouse with a ruger 10/22.

the year prior to that was nearly identical with the exception that I didn't have a chance to harvest an elk and I didn't use the swedish mauser.

year prior to that, I harvested a black bear with a type 44 arisaka carbine, an elk with a 300 weatherby, a deer with a 9mm, turkey with the same shotgun, grouse with the same 10/22 as well as other grouse with a 44 mag...

this next year I will likely be hunting with an ar15 in 7.62x39mm with the SKS as backup, and a remington 700 in 243 and possibly a M1 garand for elk.

Back