How good a shot are you? Smiley face at 50 yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dust Devil !!!

You need to come down to southwest Florida. We have a few local ranges, one in town is 5 lanes/aprox 15 yards, next town is 5 lanes/25 yards, and the new range in the county has 14 lanes at 25 yards PLUS 22 lanes at 50 yards...indoor! And yes, rifles can be used on the long range....and yes, green ammo only, no lead!

no way...

I am happy to put all 15 rounds from my CZ-P01 into the paper at 75 feet. (Max @ indoor range of course) I would consider that COM for any moron BG that felt the need to stand perfectly still while I shot at him from 75 feet. :p

i tried iy once at like 12 yds and 25 yds at a semi fast pace, 12 yds looked pretty good, crooked smile and the eyes weren't quite the same height, but not bad for my first try, but the 25 yds was terrible. i'll try it again today or tomorrow whenever i go.

I just watched the movie the other day. It was maybe 15-20 yards in the movie. The range looked like 25 and it wasnt at the end. The funniest thing is that when he is shooting he is blinking really really bad.

I think the key point to remember here is: it was a MOVIE.

I could put a smiley face onto a target at 550 yards using a muzzleloader in only 30 seconds if I were doing it in a movie.

psshaaawwwww!!! a smiley face??!! a simple smiley face?

ya'll are so untactical it hurts. any ninja knows that shooting smiley faces into targets at any distance just is so passe. thats why i shoot hi-res facsimilies of all the details on a face. from the dimples to nostrils to acne and even every single skin cell. i'm like michaelangelo with my pistol.

i'm so artistically tactical it pains my tortured soul.

LMAO!!!! Funny stuff.

Pointer, How do you know you didnt just hit the X ring once, 2 shots close, and all the others compleatly off the paper? JDG

In truth... you could be right... :eek:

For the sake of the many readers of this thread... The hole was about the size of a quarter... ;)

Pointer...you and all the other super shooters are the exception to the rule. 99.9% of shooters will NEVER be able to pull that off.

99.9? Take it easy on yourself... you can be a lot better than merely another anonymous face in the 99.9% crowd... :)

Also... the weapon and ammo make a lot of difference...
I competed with Colt Gold Cup 1911's and Match Ammo.

I cannot lay claim to the "Super Shooter" title... :(
There are too many who are much, much, better...

Hey Pointer, should that have been, "many beer's ago...."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I've lost count... And I had to give it up about 35 years ago. :(

Last edited:
I don't think its possible. at that range the front sight will appear bigger than the target you are trying to hit. I think a body mass shot at 25yards or more is pretty fancy shootin

I been trying to make a smiley face at the 25yards that Gibson 'did' for a few years. I Can do it at 15 yards with my tweaked 92FS , but not as fast. At 25yards-no waY!:cool:

I can't shoot a smiley face at 50 yards, but I can hit the side of a barn.......if I go inside it first and use a couple of haybales as a rest...........and as long as the barn doesn't move.

Um, I don't think I've ever bothered shooting at anything with a pistol at 50 yards ... That's what the rifle's for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back