How fast did your collection grow?

My wife said I shouldn't get another gun till my birthday (september :() but luckily ice just gotten into reloading so I'll have that to keep me busy and occupy my wallet until then. Still I may put a 1911 on layaway. Won't be so much money at once, haha. We went to the range and she wants a SIG p938 for herself. I also let her rent a 9mm AR for fun to try to get her a rifle bug. We'll see if it works I guess. :D

I bought four the year I started shooting:

One for HD
One for carry
A 22 handgun to practice
A 22 rifle to practice

I have bought one gun since, but would like to get a few more.

For me it all started with a hi point when i turned 21... I have since sold that one and now own 8 firearms. Each serve a purpose and each is shot regularly. 4 pistols- glock 19, glock 34, s&w model 10, NAA 22LR. 4 long guns- mosin nagant, 10/22, mossberg 500, ar15. Next to buy is a single stack carry gun then a 22 pistol :)

Edit: I forgot to add, I am 23 now so this has all happened in 2 years. 8 seems like so few if I tried to add up all the ones ive bought and sold in those 2 years.

Take Cheapshooters advise. Dont sell or trade anything. If you purchase a gun with that mindset you will make a more logical decision on what you buy also down the road you may not regret getting rid of a few of them... talking from experience. :D

Holding at about 330 firearms the last couple years. Not much out there i want anymore. Maybe a NAA Ranger 2 when they come out for my collection.

It has taken 35 years and my pistol collection is still in the single digits. I buy and hold, and don't really want much.

For that matter, it has always been hard to throw down enough for a house payment on a "toy". Now that the DArned house is ours, there are still things that are more important.

I have, however, purchased three firearms in the last three years.

peggysue

Holding at about 330 firearms the last couple years. Not much out there i want anymore. Maybe a NAA Ranger 2 when they come out for my collection.

i am waiting for the NAA Ranger 2 also. I have the original NAA Breaktop . Seecamp is also going to start producing their 25 acp again very soon.

First handgun 1969 till about 3-4 years ago.
First gun of any type 1956 till 3-4 years ago!
Don't buy firearms that often and keep then for decades................or at this time in my life................forever!:D

I know that before I was married, I owned 3 handguns. During my 16 years with my ex-wife I purchased only one. Since my divorce in 2006, I've accumulated a total of 31 handguns to date, but there are still a lot of tomorrows to come!

Back